Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entering Canada using PR card before expiry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hash13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entering Canada using PR card before expiry
    Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 2:37pm
Dear Members,

I need your expert advice on my unusual circumstances. I am British Citizen and was issued Canadian PR card in June 2012 and ever since I was not able to move to Canada due to some unavoidable circumstances. My PR card is expiring in June 2017 and I am now preparing to immigrate to Canada on permanent basis in Jan 2017. Could you please answer the following questions;

1. As my PR card is about to expire in June 2017 and I am moving to Canada in Jan 2017, am I allowed to used to use my PR card to enter Canada without any problems with CBSA?
2. Is there any problem in getting a job in IT industry if my PR card is about to expire?
3. How can I renew my PR card? 
4. If I get a job in Canada, am I allow to travel overseas for holiday and re-enter Canada with expired PR card?

Many thanks in advance for reading my query and sending accurate answers.

Kind regards,

Hash13 
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:15am
Have you landed in Canada yet?
hash13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hash13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 3:32am
Not yet but will be going in March this year....
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 3:39am
So you don't actually have a PR card yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic