Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 11:55am
aliendoc thank you for your kind respectful words of encouragement.
I have been here in Canada since April 2009 and I am also on visitors visa so cant do work or study. So I can fully understand the experience all these people are going through.
Good Luck to all
iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 1:40am
Aliendoc, I hope you're right about PR. IO called me on my cell and rescheduled the interview for next wednesday. I can't believe we're reaching the end at last! Thanks for sharing all your optimism and hope, it was realy helpful.
Dimp, try to get through this with all the patience and love you've got. Good luck to you!
dimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 12:20am

hi guyz thanks for all the encouragement. but as i am reading other people's experiences looks like i still have to wait 1-2 years before i get a response from the local office. too bad.. =(

iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 12:13pm
I don't think you'll wait that long!!! I waited about 8-9 months in Vancouver which is one of the busiest office in Canada. Just think positive and believe it'll come soon...
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 3:47pm

I was interviewed at Vancouver CIC office on Aug 12 but still haven't anything back. I was given the vibe that we passed but don't know for sure till we receive some kind of letter from them. Does anyone know how long it takes them to shoot off a letter??

received application on May 29. 2009.
File transferred to local office on Nov 26, 2009
Interviewed on Aug 12, 2010
iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 12:38pm
Hi, Pali! We've been to the interview last week and I got a work permit. The officer told me that I'll get a letter for three months, probably asking to do medical exam and crim. check again. Anyways, feel better as I'm working at last!!! Wish you luck, too!!
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:04am
Thx iva, you must've sent work permit application along with the sponsorship application?? Did the officer say you'll get the letter in 3 mths time? I really don't wanna wait another 3 mths.....
iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 11:46am
I know, it's not easy, another three months of waiting, but who cares...They are going to inform us in aprx three months what's next. Yes, I applyed for the work permit along with the sponsorship app. That's the only satisfaction I've got now... 
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 9:07am
Hurray, am so so happy for you and your hubby Iva. It can only get better from here.
Sorry I came late for the celebration. I have a feeling you will wait for less than 3 months, but like you said, "who cares" as long as you get it. Cheers.
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 2:20pm
Thanks Doc!! I feel much better when I read your prediction...I am happy to be able to work and to help my hubby recover!Thanks a lot for this as you once said, "noble forum". You are realy very helpful with your great attitude. I'm sending you a peace of my cheese-pie!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic