Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzanne_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:10pm
HI Justina and Aliendoc and anyone else who might find this helpful,

We got a letter in October that our file was sent to the local CIC in Edmonton. So we started to compile things like:

- Beneficiary information for RRSPs
- Birth certificate of our son (I gave birth which might have sped up our application)
- More pictures (he joined me and my family for Christmas)
- More emails from both of our families asking about me and him
- Joint loan application
- We added each other to our health insurance
- My divorce judgement (Yes, I was married before)
- Emails from our realtor and banker to both of us, showing our intent to buy a home together

We kept bringing in copies every 2 months to Canada place. I believe that they update the file to show that we bring the information in, and that might have kept our file fresh in their minds.

Hope that helps.

justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 10:45pm
Thanks Suzanne!

We will be following your lead...!
suzanne_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzanne_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 11:40am
THe other piece of advice that I can offer, is try to use email whenever you can. For example, my banker uses email, and so did my realtor. So whenever I had a question, I emailed them. And then had those to print off to give to CIC to show that my boyfriend and I had every intention of joining our finances and buying a house together. 
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 8:33pm
Finally, we got a letter that my file was transferred to Etobicoke office. Does anyone know anything about that place or about anyone whose file was transferred  there too? 
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
newone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 9:52am
Hi aliendoc! Our file was transferred to Etobicoke office. When I phoned call centre they didn't tell what was the application processing time. In our case it took 1 year since the application was transferred there. But each case is unique, hope yours will be processed much faster. Good luck!
Modi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:15pm
Hey Guys, you shouldn't worry my file was transfer last june to local office without AIP after 5 month i decide to go to my local office.The lady at the reception told me that the IO who is working on my file can't see me but i should leave my phone number.As soon as i left the CIC office and step in my house the IO called me he told me that i will require an interview for my inland,i ask him when he said he doesn't know but he will write to me.I waited after 7 months and another IO called me ask me if me and my wife can go for an interview.I said yes the IO ask me when i gave him a date.Newone don't bother listening what the call center is telling you.That call center is a joke,i had my interview date schedule after 5 days i call the call center they didn't even know about it.So my advise will be for everyone who his file is transfer to local office to be patient,everyone has a different case,and all the cases are not the same 
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:29am

Thank you so much Modi. There is obviously no laid down or structured mode of operation. However, we are at the receiving end and have to bear whatever comes our way. So do you mean you waited 7 months in all or 7 more months after after the first IO told you that you would require an interview.                                                                                                                            

May I ask how to find the address for the local office, and would appreciate also if youcould share with us some questions youguys were asked at the interview.
Thanks alot.    
justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:49am
I was getting a new SIN card, for a couple of reasons, but also thought maybe I should update it with my married name.

I asked the girl who was helping me where the CIC office was and she told me.

Someone else from this site messaged me later that day and told me where it was too.

I assume other CIC offices are in the same building as where you do all the other federal stuff? I'm in Edmonton, we have passport, SIN, CIC and who knows what else in the same building. 
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 3:40am
Thanks Justina. I have the local office here.
Any news people? I think I am in for a long wait and I am beginning to accept that fact,
who knows, I just might be wrong. Confused
iva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 11:35pm
Hi Everybody!
I'm so miserable and desperate as I'm wating too long for an interview in Vancouver Imm. Office. They sent us a letter in Nov.2009 that our appl. is transfered to Vancouver and still nothing. Maybe they are testing our marriages through this long and exhausting process, our patience,determination,steadiness...Hope we'll all go through! Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic