Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:16pm
Thanks for your post Suzanne_m. How did you guys start sending supporting documents, did they request for it? When after your file was transferred, and what  supporting documents please. I have not received any letter and donot know where our file has been transferred to. I think I will inquire from the call center. Thanks again.
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:18pm
well Canada can't have immigrants before the country is ready.

land mass=/= opportunities. The country is still developing and will severely struggle if there are too many people without places for them to go to live and work. The economy has been so rough that Canadians have trouble finding employment. Nevermind adding more people to the country unnecessarily to add to the stress of the job market. And then possibly government resources.

I am not anti-immigration and obviously support all spouses/partners being reunited. But I do not believe that canada should have an easier process. Some tweaks could be made, but this seems like a very secure process. It ensures that safe people are being admitted(criminal checks). And also ensures that relationships are real. If you're immigrating to be with your partner, it's right for immigration to look into that relationship. It's the basis of your immigration.

There are also a lot of immigrants not adjusting well. I read an article about the crime rates for immigrants and they're getting high. Canada has also, reportedly, started having an issue with illegals immigrants and that takes jobs from citizens and other legal immigrants. Stopping that flow includes scrutinizing those who apply legally. The steps CIC takes protects the country from letting criminals and frauds enter

I know that waiting is stressful. I hated it and know that it's worse for those who have to wait longer. But I think it benefits the country in the long run to be careful when it comes to who crosses the border.
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:19pm
Hello Newone. Thanks for sharing. We will appreciate an insight into how your interview went before you got your AIP, and the nature of the questions. thanks
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by aliendoc aliendoc wrote:

Thanks for your post Suzanne_m. How did you guys start sending supporting documents, did they request for it? When after your file was transferred, and what  supporting documents please. I have not received any letter and donot know where our file has been transferred to. I think I will inquire from the call center. Thanks again.

You didn't get a letter about it being transferred?

That should have your file number on it, I would assume
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:33pm
Audall you do have  valid points, but it can be argued the other way round at the same time. Scrutiny is a must, but should not take forever. Immigrants can be forced into crimes when you have them wait because you are afraid they will take job fro others. A lot of processes are too old fashioned and backward. Have you taken a look at what it takes foreign doctors and other professionals to become certified? Should Canada be more comfortable with foreign professionals driving cabs and stuff? The rules and regulations need sensible reviews. Moreover, there is what is callled "healthy competition" and it drives development. We cannot reman redudant because we are scared of progress.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:53pm
I don't think it's fear of progress. It's hard for citizens to get jobs, there already is healthy competition.

I would rather have extra wait time to ensure quality. I don't want a doctor in Canada until there is assurance that he is qualified to practice up to the standards set here. Again, quality over quantity is key to me.

When a country is struggling economically and with providing jobs, I do not see how population growth is the key to recovery. Nor is just letting in whoever applies without looking closer at the applicants and the basis for their claim.

the reason inland is longer is because applicants are already with their spouses/partners. Applying outland is faster because Canada IS compassionate to the need to reunite loved ones. It's kind of a sacrifice inland applicants choose to make, unfortunately.
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:56pm
Good argument Audball, except when it comes to quality of doctors just like other professionals, where there is statistcally acute shortage, long, painful delayed process of integration because of bureaucracy is not ensuring quality, time spent waiting can be used in speedy testing and training. The Government of Canada had some heated argument with the Certifying body a couple of months ago regarding this issue. As a med doctor, I can assure you that there is nothing like good quality care in acute shortageof providers resulting in long waits. There are ongoing debates between relevant authorities.  For a country with the kind of taxation policy she is running, I donot see how population is exactly a problem; not with the cry for skilled workers and shortages in some provinces. I do believe its only logical to hire more wokers in the immigration services and do what they have to do, because they are gonna do it anyways. Does it do any harm now that those for refugee claims are pocessed in less than 3 months as against 2 - 3 years previously??

Anyways you have the last word, good debate!!!! (least we can do since we can't be in a more productive place using our heads Tongue)
newone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:38am
Well, we prepared very thoroughly for the interview. Cic sent us the list of documents which we should bring for the interview: common pictures, utility bills, tax returns for 3 years, marriage certificate, statement from bank account (everything that I could remember)... I'd read a lot of info on different forums about the questions which they usually ask, tried even to count birth marks on my husbands body:) But at the interview an immigration officer just took all the documents that we brought, looked at the pictures and asked me where few of them were taken. Maybe it turned out that way because my husband talked too much for both of us:) I think they just doubted that our marriage is real.
peimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 1:23am
We are in the same boat as well.  Luckly for us though, my husband was on a work visa for 2 years, which helped.... but it expired almost 2 months ago, and he was told that he had to leave.... he left, and when he tried to come back (a month later) he was told he could only stay for 3 weeks, and then he must leave again (through the same POE).  It actually feels like the government wants to tear our family appart, and force me to be a single mother!
If only it were easy.
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:22am
Thank newone. Your post I know will help a lot of us here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic