Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:03pm
I have been living  in Canada for almost 5 years now on Visitors Records and I know what you mean about being frustrated about not being able to work, study or infact anything that means your here for more that a "Holiday"!! As a result I have decided to apply for PR Outland! The processing times are so much shorter...I am very ready to go back to work as soon as I can...I am also a stay at home mum too....

I wish you luck in your application!! 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by aliendoc aliendoc wrote:

Hey Justina, i do believe that all is well. Just curious, how will my wife who is sponsoring me check? and is it possible that she has a different client I.D number?

All your responses are appreciated.

aliendoc

My husband and i have different client ID numbers. His matches his visa. When you can log into e-cas, i think you can only see yours and she hers. But of course we can check each others' by using the info and ID number. You could try using your receipt number. Good luck!
newone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:29am
Hello everyone! I'm in the same boat. My husband submitted sponsorship application in November 2008 inland. So this is our timeline if it's helpful and somehow encouraging:
May 2009 application was transferred to local office without AIP.
December 2009 attended the interview and got AIP.
February 2010 received request to redo medicals.
May 2010 medical results have been received.
In two weeks got a letter that they are finalizing my permanent residence application at an interview. Interview scheduled for June.
It's difficult to wait but don't give up!

Fanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:15am

Oh my... you've waited since 2008. I have some friends who applied outland and have waited for over two years as well... It's depressing but you have a great attitude. I can only admire that kind of patience. Keep it up. I wanted to comment on the employment aspect that it really seems that temporary workers and their spouses/partners are in a better position than the spouses of Canadian citizens/permanent residents. At least in my province all temporary workers can apply for an open work permit for their spouses after their PR application has been approved by the province (in other words they're provincial nominees). I think this applies to all provinces but I'm not 100% sure. I think this is an absurd system. I've seen so many partners of foreign workers come here with less skills and looser ties to Canada than what the partners of Canadian citizens/permanent residents have. It seems very unfair that there's no chance for most family class applicants to apply for an open work permit inland and very limited chances to do so outside Canada. And to be honest the whole processing system seems a bit arbitrary, there's no fixed timeframes for how long processing could take and a huge difference in the processing times between different case processing centres in Canada as well as outside Canada. There's also no ombudsman or any higher authority that would control CIC"s decisionmaking process.

Fanadian
suzanne_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzanne_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:02pm
I just wanted to post my experiences here.

We sent in our app in May 2009. Our file was transferred to local CIC without AIP in October 2009. It was transferred to Edmonton.

We continued to send in documents showing that we were still living together as a couple and tried to show that we were going on with our life together regardless of the wait.

In March, we got a call from a CIC agent, and she approved us over the phone for AIP (on a thursday), the next Monday, we got the open work permit AND a letter requesting an interview.

On April 21st, my boyfriend landed and is now waiting for his card.

There could be many reasons why your app was transferred without AIP. Keep sending in documents etc, they do seem to monitor the file.

Our application took less than a year. My boyfriend was out of status, which I think is why his application was transferred. I fully expected his application to get transferred without AIP. He did not and he got so angry and frustrated, but I encouraged him to not complain, but to take action, and he did. And now 2 months later he is a PR.

justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:57pm
suzanne_m, i'm glad you replied! congrats on a short time. I saw your post before and was wondering about supporting documentation, as my husband is out of status, and we got transferred to Edmonton as well.

We have now been married 9 months, so there is much more stuff to add to the file than before. I'm almost done school and hope to be starting work soon, so planned to start sending more stuff , and ordering FOSS notes too, after that. At least sending in pictures....we live together so not sure what else to send. Proof of mail in his name to our apartment maybe? Or letters from friends?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:08pm
letters from friends, mail in his name, new photos, any new utilities in both names or new joint accounts will help

You could also write an "update letter" saying what you've been doing together as a couple since sending the application. Like further development of the relationship
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:41pm
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Its a pity we have to meet in such a forum but I believe it will be turned around for good. My file got transferred to local office and I dont even know if I should expect any letter. But it seems that those of us from developing countries and continuosly been plaqued by such mishaps. My world feels feels like a pile of ash now, because waiting the last couple of months felt like hell fire. Unhappy
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:51pm

Guys, just an observation here; When putting in my application, my wife and I did tell my attorney that we read on the CIC website that I have to keep renewing my visitors visa, and she told it wasn't necessary since that new law allows one to stay when you put in application for inland sponsorship ...... hmmm wish I had listened to myself, now I feel like a total fool. But honestly I have noticed that alot of the immigration attorneys do not update themselves .. to the detriment of those using their services. I have seen alot of posts on this website that suggest that attorneys play just passive roles.

aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:01pm
Hey Javcil,
Thanks for your kind words, but if your live here in canada, you will agree that cost of living is very high and this is no place where anyone should be put on hold. Moreover, if it is a question of too many applications being processed, then they should do the right thing and employ more workers. Statistically, the U.S i think has more applicants and now the whole process takes a fews months, even as less as 6 weeks!! Canada has a population of less than 40 million and the U.S, over 300 million but less land mass, which of them should be trying to integrate immigrants faster?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic