Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:05am

Hello everyone. I have been reading lots of posts but finally decided to register and make my views known in this our canadian immigration saga. I would appreciate your contributory posts and support.

aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:14am

My wife is sponsoing me through the inland application, and I have been waiting patiently since oct last year, only to see on ECAS that my file has been transferred to local office without AIP. This is so fustrating as I have been sitting at home doing nothing Cry Does anyone within same time frame have the same problem? Please your response will be appreciated.

Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 3:10am
I'm sorry to hear that. : (

Where was it transferred? There are some topics dedicated to the local offices that may help you with timelines and such
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 12:57pm
same here, i've been waiting for a year now and no word yet from local office.
Fanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:10pm
Hello
Sorry to hear that. Unhappy  We sent our application in October as well and haven't heard a thing yet. It's so agonizing, this waiting... I know there's at least one other person in the forum whose application was sent to a local office after 6 months but I let that person come forward him/herself if they choose to. Immigration is a painful ride.. Hang on there buddy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Fanadian
justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:55pm
Exactly the same problem!!  Fanadian, maybe that's me you saw...or maybe there are more of us in the same situation?

We submitted in September, they started looking at my husband's PR part in October, and my sponsorship part in March. The day they started looking at my part, they transferred to the local office. No approval, no info, but at least it says in process.

6 months we had no word, couldn't log on, then we finally got onto e-cas, now 2 more months have gone by with nothing...it sucks! So many people who submitted around the same time as us seem to be through already! :( I'm happy for them, but its hard for us!
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:25am
Hey Justina, i do believe that all is well. Just curious, how will my wife who is sponsoring me check? and is it possible that she has a different client I.D number?

All your responses are appreciated.
aliendoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliendoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:36am
It is very sad that a country as great as canada would be so slow when it comes to immigration. Those of us in the process cannot work, study or do anything for months, even for years; I would assume that this can cause rifts and problems between couples and in families. Knowledge/Talents are being wasted, peoples lives put on hold unnecessarily. From my little observation, people get tired and fustrated waiting and when they eventually get their PR and citizenship, they just move to the U.S. I do not know what the reasoning of the Canadian Immigration is running this policy, but just maybe they need a rethink, and be more dynamic. Maybe immigants need to stand up and suggest to them that we have alot to offer while waiting and the country stands to gain all the way! 
MrsI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:23pm
 aliendoc,

I am very sorry to hear about the frustration you get from the time being watsed while waiting for your immigration process to finish.
Get ready for being very patient buddy, as you are not alone going through this tired and yet exhausting process, as I am one of them, even worse than you. Though my application is an outland one, you can't imagine that it's been over two years waiting and waiting, and being stuck really hard doing nothing at all,but waiting. My visa refused nine months after the process, filed a complaint right away, and seven months later, the appeal was allowed without doing any adr or full hearing, which means everything was ok with the file, and the most unimaginable thing is that, even after the appeal was allowed the waiting still continues, and it's been seven other months now that I am still waitng for the IOs to wake up at some time and do somethin'.

Is there an end to this process?  Sent letters to the competent persons within the VO to ask waaht is happening, no answer yet, no nothing from them. I really don't know what else could be done and stop getting psychically sick of this slow procedures!

So hang on there and be patient, it's all we can do, as one day our turn will come hopefully!

javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:57pm
As frustrating as waiting is, we need to remember the sheer number of applications that are processed every year ...
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic