Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card pick up delay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirleyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR card pick up delay
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 12:08am
Hi, my card was approved on May 4th in Vancouver. The website says "you will be notified in four weeks..." but I need to travel soon.
I had sent an urgent request in April along with my tickets and proof of payment for travel in May, but still have not received any pick up letter.
I had to cancel my tickets and change travel dates. Any idea how long it takes for pick up letter once the card is approved , in Vancouver?
Incase I cannot make it on the pick up date, do they allow you to walk in and pick it up without an appointment?
Thanks very much.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:25pm
Once you receive the letter you can go and pickup between their office hours at local CIC office.

Call CIC Call centre to see if the agents can help you get it faster.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic