Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of Oath Ceremony date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mancman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 12:41pm
Well, as my trip was for some unavoidable business as well as pleasure, I was unable to change my oath date so I am waiting for a response to my request (supported by copies of travel documents and business arrangements) for a new date.

I will post when there is any news.

I've been a bit taken aback by the amount of frustration voiced at lack of progress of applications. It sems that my own was ttypical of the the timelines provided by CIC but I see that others have been less fortunate.

mancman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mancman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 12:42pm
Happytaz
Did you get your ceremony date?

I applied in March 2009, took the test on April 6, 2010 and recieved a notification of my hearing (scheduled for May 28) on May 12.

Hope all went well.
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:06pm
So it's a hearing, not a ceremony?
mancman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mancman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:34pm
Sorry - Ceremony - getting my terminology mixed up.

I was advised by CIC, though that requesting a new ceremony date might mean that they insist on my attending a hearing which could take up to 18 months to schedule.

fair to say that CIC were pretty vague in ofering advice so who knows how this will turn out?
mancman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mancman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:35pm
Just thought I'd update with news of a new oath ceremony scheduled for August 13th.

Good luck to everybody else waiting.
idazhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idazhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by mancman mancman wrote:

Just thought I'd update with news of a new oath ceremony scheduled for August 13th.

Good luck to everybody else waiting.
how can you reschedule your ceremony in just 3months after your last one? I have been waiting for my another ceremony for 8months and still haven't got any news, so sad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic