Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Girlfriend 'visitng' for 6 months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Girlfriend 'visitng' for 6 months
    Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 7:10pm
Hi, I have a couple questions for the experts here.

My girlfriend has a degree and is going to be applying for express entry, but if express entry doesn't work, I want to go the other route of family sponsorship (common law/marriage) and in order to do so we need to 'establish a life together' for 1 year. She is on my current lease, and is visiting here until the end of the month. She will be flying back to the US for a wedding and then her and her parents are coming up in her car and she will be perpetually visiting from that point on (they are flying back).

What should she tell the border agents when she comes through?

This time they asked her about employment and she said she is a secretary (she used to be) that has her fall break and took some banked vacation.

Do they log what you say every time you come through? How honest should she be about her intentions? We've thought of saying she works part time online and has saved some money for an extended vacation, but I'm concerned they will ask about why that changed from the last time. Should she even say she is visiting me at all?

Many thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic