Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confusion of fee for PCC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confusion of fee for PCC
    Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
Hi,

I have a confusion here. Would appreciate if you can clarify this for me:

I & my spouse together want to apply for PCC for India through the Consulate General of India, Chicago.  In stage 1, however, it is specified that:
Fees:.

(i)      Fee: US$ 20/- (for reference)

(ii)      You can pay fees by way of Money Order (MO) / Postal Order (PO) / Cashier Cheque (CC) drawn in favour of “Consulate General of India, Chicago”. You can pay in cash, only if you are submitting your application in person at the Consulate. When you are paying in MO/PO/CC, then pay full amount by the same, otherwise pay full in cash. Partial payments by cash or by MO/PO/CC are not acceptable. You can send one or more application by mail, for every additional application add one dollar mailing fee per applicant.

Credit/debit cards/personal Cheque are not accepted.

Do I need to send the mailing fee also in Stage 1? (Since, they have only stated the US$20 for reference here). When is the addition of $1 applicable for mailing fee - in Stage 2?

I am assuming that if I & my spouse together are applying, then as stated in Stage 1, the total fee I have to send is a MO/CC/PO of $40. Pls confim this?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic