Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need tips or advise - Fedex (or UPS) Passport from
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need tips or advise - Fedex (or UPS) Passport from

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_j11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need tips or advise - Fedex (or UPS) Passport from
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:19pm
Just need verification, everything seems perfect from this point and don't want to mess up the final stage Cheesy
===================================
·         If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
-          The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
-          Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
==================================

We received email that my wife (currently living in US) needs to mail her passport  - The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.
I (live in Canada) was thinking of her using Fedex
Does she or Fedex needs to provide any specific paper work so it won't get stuck in the custom
(I read in a previous post "Even though passports have no commercial value, a commercial invoice with zero value may still be required")

About the pre-paid envelope - if using Fedex, does she needs to provide another envelope inside with the return address label already applied or no envelope and just the label.

Thanks in advance
Canadian Citizen
Fiance (Filipina) - J1 Visa (1yr)
Help Us be together the most efficient way
chris_j11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_j11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:07pm
I have called Fedex and verified that I don't need any special document when shipping the passport from US to Ottowa.

My question about Pre-paid envelope:
Can she just place a returning address LABEL inside the main envelope or should she provide a separate envelope with the label already applied and place inside the main envelope

Will the Agent use the same envelope and apply the label themselves or they prefer a new envelope with the label already applied?
Canadian Citizen
Fiance (Filipina) - J1 Visa (1yr)
Help Us be together the most efficient way
ambarishs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambarishs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:34pm
Hello, I sent my passport with UPS prepaid envelope inside the envelope that was addressed to Ottawa address. Basically you get two envelopes, one that goes to Ottawa and other that returns to your mailing address.  

UPS sticks a return sticker on the envelope as a return package. Hope this clears your doubt. 
alladirams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alladirams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:40am
I did it through UPS. But, they were doubtful about the customs form not getting generated for the return label. 

When they put canada as the destination address it automatically generates a customs form so that it wont get stuck with CANADA customs. This was fine.

But, when the return shipping label was created with USA as destination address, the UPS system did not ask for any customs form which is normally needed to clear USA Customs. It did not stop us to create the label though. So, we went and created the return label.

Fingers crossed till it gets cleared the USA Customs.
mehtviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehtviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:36pm
Did the UPS thing work out for you? Any cautions that you would suggest?
alladirams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alladirams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:49pm
Yes. It worked. It took 5-6 weeks to get my passport back. So, hold tight.
Keep Tracking it using the tracking number daily. It will get activated one fine day.
mehtviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mehtviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:54pm
Awesome, congratulations! Also, did you declare any value for the whole package for the customs? Do you remember...?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic