Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inland Applications sent Feb 2010 to May 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:07pm
Hello all!

Jumping into your thread because we are inland....but we filed spousal in mid September.

I agree, keep your chin up...there seems to be no logic behind when e-cas status is posted.

We were unable to see our status on e-cas for a full 6 months....the day we were able to access is the same day they sent our file to the local CIC, so looks like we are in for the long haul.  Some of the people who filed when we did are already done the whole process.  We do have some complications with our case but hope that all is sorted out quickly so we can get on with our lives!!

It's been 2 months since our file was transferred so we are hoping for some sort of an update soon. I think we may order our FOSS notes to see exactly why they transferred us. My husband's PR app was started 5 months before the spousal part, which seems very strange to me! I'm trying not to go crazy wondering but sometimes it's difficult!

Anyways, good luck to everyone.  Hopefully your applications are processed quickly!
bigfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:43am
count me inLOL
PR+OWP application sent 26 Apr, 2010

received 29 Apr, 2010

started processing on July 14, 2010

yulye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:39pm
Hi Binahblue,

Looks like we're in the same boat...

We sent our application for me to sponsor my common-law partner to Vegreville (inland) on Feb. 11th, and can see from Canada Post that it was signed for on Feb. 15th.  Still, though, we can't log into e-CAS... it just says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided" when we try to log in.

It says on the CIC website that they're only opening applications from October still, though.  I wasn't really worried that I hadn't heard anything until I started reading on the forum today and noticed that others with the same timeline could already log into e-CAS!  We just have to let the waiting game continue...

Best of luck to everyone Smile
Spouse Sponsorship - Common Law
CIC Vegreville
Application Sent - Feb. 11/2010
Binahblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binahblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:44pm
Good to know that we're in the same boat and on the same timeline. :) 
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 6:36pm
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
newsom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:08am
anyone been able to log on to e-cas yet?? it's been 6 weeks since our package was received (only by notification from canada post, haven't heard a THING from cic yet) and still can't log on... i hope they've not forgotten about us :-/
Binahblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binahblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:51pm
I haven't been able to log in yet, but I'm not yet processing and my package was received Feb 10 of this year (which I also learned of via notification from Canada Post). What I've learned from this forum and others experiences is that there's no sense to how the CIC processes. If you call, you'll be told they're opening packages that have arrived in late October. So... find a new hobby or 3 :) 
Inland spouse sponsorship
Application sent - Feb 8, 2010
Application processing - May 28, 2010
First stage approval Dec 8, 2010
Decision made - Mar 10, 2011
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!
newsom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:12am
Yikes I thought that they were wrapping up first stage approval for applications sent in late October. They can't possibly only be OPENING applications sent then when FSA is to be expected at around 7 months....
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 6:34am
According to other inland filers' timelines and signatures it looks they open the package 2-3 months after receiving it so some of the people who sent in February could have had their files opened and processing already. People who sent in October are getting their decision made/FSA now. It also looks like some people can log onto e-cas after they start processing.
Landed April 13th 2011
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 3:20pm
Any February filers able to log into e-cas as yet?

Edited by jamaisomal - 21 Jun 2010 at 3:20pm
Landed April 13th 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
  Share Topic