Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Visa extention Dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StudentChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Visa extention Dilemma
    Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:07pm
Hello, I'm on a study permit and in a dilemma and would really appreciate your opinions on this situation. 

I came into Canada (Ontario) around 7 years ago to get an education, I finished high school, renewed my Visa and then went on to university... for some reason I got depressed and could not adapt very well at University, and failed all of my courses, and dropped a lot of them, so as a result I got even more depressed and dropped out of university. The depression became worse and I was disabled (I could not learn the way I used to, and got very anxious at the thought of going to university).  At this time I could not do much, but I had a hobby of building and maintaining websites, and those websites were earning some income that I could support myself.

Where I'm from depression is looked down on, and people think it is as simple as just snapping out of it. Unfortunately I had the same attitude and waited for 2.5 years to snap out of it. I smartened up and I'm currently seeing a psychologist.  And I am getting better and now I'm hungry for my education. I'm going to apply to community college in Toronto
My question is – I have been out of university for 2.5 years, failed all my courses, dropped courses. And my visa is expiring during November. So I if get accepted into a college, and I have the funds, will they renew my application? I'm very uncertain because I have been out for 2.5 going years and I failed big time – So my transcripts are not pretty.

I have also renewed my visa two times with success before under these kind of circumstances, just out of school for shorter periods (6 month - 9 months) and I've always recovered. But I don't know if there will be a third time.

Edited by StudentChris - 08 May 2010 at 10:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic