Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical Report
    Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:53am
In all the documentation, forms and so on I don't see anywhere that says the medical report is to be obtained after the application. However, in my correspondence with the local visa office, they say they will send a form to my wife which she will use for her medical report after my sponsorship has been approved.

Is this right? Is there anything else that should wait until after my sponsorship has been accepted?
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 4:23am
This is public service message that

Please don't apply for Canadian Visa as it takes toooooooooooo lonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg and nothing is there.
mrsmashy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:34am
Errr...

Does anyone else have any advice?
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:52am
As far as I know, the medical is to be done before the application is submitted and the receipt (or whatever it is the doctor fills out and gives to the applicant at the medical) is to be sent with the application. I believe there will be a delay in processing or the application might be returned as incomplete if the medical is not done beforehand.

This is the way I understand it and the way we did our application. It sucks to have the first medical expire and have to redo it, but I think that's kind of just the way the system is set up.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:08pm
how long are the medicals good for?
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:33pm
1 year.
mrsmashy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 4:50am
So why has the embassy told me that they will send the applicant the medical form after the sponsorship is accepted??? What to do?
ariell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:49am
Which visa office are you dealing with?
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:04am
Hi mrsmashy,

You are referring to an application processed outside of Canada correct?
If yes, there is a form that you can do, the embassy is referrring to the only form that they can give you. 

Fill out the Option C form and take it with you to your medical appointment and the DMP will complete the IMM1017 EFC form.

If no, (the application is being processed in Canada) there is also a form - see below.

Chapter 11.1 Canadian Immigration Medical Report Forms (page 59)

Medical Report Forms

Form Number

Usage

Where Located/Instructions

Order/Download
Medical Report Forms

Medical Report: Section A; Client Identification and Summary

IMM 1017

All applicants, except those listed below

This form is usually sent to applicants by the immigration office.

N/A

IMM 1017 EDE/EFE

Excessive demand exempt applicants

The IMM 1017 EDE/EFE is usually sent to applicants by the immigration office. Sometimes the immigration office will stamp the top of the form with “EDE.”

N/A

IMM 1017 SCL

Sponsored applicants processed inside Canada (also excessive demand exempt)

The IMM 1017 SCL is obtained from the online immigration kit for sponsored applicants applying from inside Canada.

The IMM 1017 SCL can be downloaded from this page. It is included in the instruction guide: www.cic.gc.ca/english/
information/applications/spouse.asp

IMM 1017 EFC + Appendix C

Sponsored applicants processed outside Canada (also excessive demand exempt)

The IMM 1017 EFC is used by DMPs for up-front medical exams. It is used when an applicant presents a completed Appendix C – Medical Instructions form.

To order IMM 1017 EFC forms, contact your regional medical office

Appendix C is obtained from the online immigration kit for sponsored applicants applying from outside Canada

The Appendix C can be downloaded from the following web page. The forms are region specific: www.cic.gc.ca/english/
information/applications/fc.asp#region

Medical Report: Sections B-E

IMM 5419

All applicants

The regional medical office sends the IMM 5419 to the DMP.

If you are a DMP and do not have access to a blank IMM 5419, please contact your regional medical office

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 11 Dec 2009 at 9:09am
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
ariell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Hi mrsmashy,

You are referring to an application processed outside of Canada correct?

If yes, there is a form that you can do, the embassy is referrring to the only form that they can give you.

Fill out the Option C form and take it with you to your medical appointment and the DMP will complete the IMM1017 EFC form.

If no, (the application is being processed in Canada) there is also a form - see below.

Sorry, just to clarify.....Appendix C and Option C are 2 different things. Option C is not needed for your medical appointment. That is requested from Canada Revenue and sent with your application. Appendix C (what I think you meant) should be filled in and brought with you to the exam.

Edited by ariell - 11 Dec 2009 at 12:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic