Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victim of Marriage Fraud

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victim of Marriage Fraud
    Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:36pm

Hello all

Need your advices and help in very critical situation. i got married last year bring my husband here and everything was fine before he came in as soon as he came here i got some proof that he still have affair with another girl in India. Now I find  he just use me to get PR. Now for the time being he was in India and he said he will never be back, but i am sure he just make me fool and will come once he get divorce and after that he bring his girlfriend here. so what should i have to do now to stop him to enter in Canada and all these and where i can go to get divorce. we are not together from last 10 months.

Edited by Victim - 06 May 2010 at 3:41pm
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:27pm
If you are 100% sure that he used you to get a PR status then you can report him to CIC. They can cancelled his PR status.

If you sponsored your husband then you are by law financialy responsible of him. Ie, if your husbands contracts debts, morgage then you will have to pay for it.

Edited by happytaz - 06 May 2010 at 6:27pm
Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:18pm
Hi

Originally posted by happytaz happytaz wrote:

If you are 100% sure that he used you to get a PR status then you can report him to CIC. They can cancelled his PR status.If you sponsored your husband then you are by law financialy responsible of him. Ie, if your husbands contracts debts, morgage then you will have to pay for it.

1. She can outline what happened to CIC, they may or may not do anything, they won't cancel his PR status on her say so.
2. She is only responsible for him if he collects welfare in the 3 years after "landing" nothing more.
PMM
Victim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:51am

Thanks so much

F.Y.I. he already landed last year and got his PR same time and stay 4 mth here and then went back to India as i know the divorce will not finalization until at least we were one year apart from each other which will be in next two mth after that if i file case then how long it will take to finalize?
Thanks
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

Originally posted by happytaz happytaz wrote:

If you are 100% sure that he used you to get a PR status then you can report him to CIC. They can cancelled his PR status.If you sponsored your husband then you are by law financialy responsible of him. Ie, if your husbands contracts debts, morgage then you will have to pay for it.

1. She can outline what happened to CIC, they may or may not do anything, they won't cancel his PR status on her say so.
2. She is only responsible for him if he collects welfare in the 3 years after "landing" nothing more.

Yes and this is a big problem. She will be responsible for someone who used her. I would not want to be responsible for my ex husband.

It is really important to report this man to CIC. They might not cancel his PR however it will be hard for this man to sponsor someone else to Canada. It will be also more difficult for this guy to get his citizenship. 

Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010
nav mann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nav mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 11:52am
sorry about your situation, if he decieved u, but now as he already a PR u cud not do anything ,the CIC will not show much interest in your complaint, this is the main problem.
but now ur responsible for all his expenses for 3 years as u have signed the cotract ,so u will be in trouble if he goes on wellfare on his arrival,
in my view contact him and convince him not to be on wellfare and have a uncontested divorce ,but if u indulge in a contested divorce then ur battle wud definately be a long one..
pray that he does not go on wellfare, my sympathies are with you..
mann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic