Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:56am
Jetice: did the answers clear up the approximate interview date for u?

the interview wont happen until at least 2-3 months from the date of the medical.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Hey, thanks... from the time I submitted the paper work to today it has been 10 months and 25 days.... in Jamaica time

Mrs Sam,

Today is your husband's landing in Canada!!!!! Hope it was a smooth process and a memorable experience for you and your husband!!!! All the best!!!!
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:44am

Thanks job_seeker,

It was truly a memorable experience. Heart He had to run to make his connection, Immigration was really great & quick.... Thumbs Up  they searched his bags at lightning speed so that he could make his connection but when he landed in Calgary.... OMG! We got 15 cm of snow yesterday afternoon, with 80 km/hour wind, total white out conditions, the whole city is still a mess and the Winter Storm advisory's are still in effect Shocked ..... we got outside and.... BOOM! Exclamation Welcome to Canada... about 10 minutes later while driving we got stuck in a snow drift. LOL Everybody else was in the ditch.  Poor guy had to dig the car out, and then push, Star lol I don't think he's going to forget snow any time soon!

It is definitely a story about his first day in Canada that we won't forget!!! Clap

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Hey, thanks... from the time I submitted the paper work to today it has been 10 months and 25 days.... in Jamaica time

Mrs Sam,

Today is your husband's landing in Canada!!!!! Hope it was a smooth process and a memorable experience for you and your husband!!!! All the best!!!!
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
missingdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missingdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:31pm
congratulation Mrs Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:34pm
Quite the first day but also a seasonally appropriate Welcome to Canada! All the best for you an your family, always.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:33am

Thanks guys, the story only got better.

We had 15 cm's of snow that night... then more wind and snow.... then the excitement of our son being born less than 21 hours after he landed as a PRV. Clap He's 7 weeks premature, but AJ (Andre Junior) is doing great. Big smile

Now that I'm home from the hospital it's -30 out... so we're buying a winter coat, boots, mitts etc for him tomorrow. Then we're going to tackle shoveling the metre high snowdrift that has formed down our sidewalk and initiate him as a real canadian homeowner! Tongue

I've explained to him why we plug in our cars and now as a Canadian he totally understand why we don't treat our cars the same way that they do back home in Jamaica. They are literally meant to get us from where we are to where we want to be, preferrably keeping us warm and out of the snow drifts.

He has also taken on the snow and cold with a great attitude (has already figured out how to dress in layers) and he understands that we don't like it either ... LOL lol and he's compared it to back home....it's just like Air Conditioning, it's just outside, instead of inside!

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 07 Dec 2009 at 5:36am
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
missingdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missingdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:58am
well CONGRATULATIONS and all the best to your little one......is he home from the hospital? if not I hope he is home before christmas....take care
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:51pm
congrats mrs sam. show him the ropes, he'll adjust before u know it.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
Iambless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iambless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:18pm
Hello All. I have recently got married. I would lbe very happy to get some answers to some questions:

(1)  Who should the employment letter be addressed to?
(2)  Should we wait until next year to apply for the Option C.
(3) Who should the letters that our friends and family address the letter to and what should it entail.
(4) Do you have to wait to get the Marriage Certicate before sending off the application?
(5) Do I have to wait until I get the froms that my daughter filled out, police record and medical before I can send off the application?
(6) Do you have to go on a honeymoon before sending off the application?
(7) What if your husband is older, will there be a red flag?
(8) How can you open a joint account?
(9) How can you get a printout from your phone company detailing your incoming and outgoing calls?

I am applying outbound although we are in Canada.

Your advice appreciated.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:58pm

<FONT size=+0>Thanks guys, the story only got better.

We had 15 cm's of snow that night... then more wind and snow.... then the excitement of our son being born less than 21 hours after he landed as a PRV. Clap He's 7 weeks premature, but AJ (Andre Junior) is doing great. Big smile

Now that I'm home from the hospital it's -30 out... so we're buying a winter coat, boots, mitts etc for him tomorrow. Then we're going to tackle shoveling the metre high snowdrift that has formed down our sidewalk and initiate him as a real canadian homeowner! Tongue

I've explained to him why we plug in our cars and now as a Canadian he totally understand why we don't treat our cars the same way that they do back home in Jamaica. They are literally meant to get us from where we are to where we want to be, preferrably keeping us warm and out of the snow drifts.

He has also taken on the snow and cold with a great attitude (has already figured out how to dress in layers) and he understands that we don't like it either ... LOL lol and he's compared it to back home....it's just like Air Conditioning, it's just outside, instead of inside!

WOW Mrs. Sam!!!!
      Lots of excitement!!! It really is a memorable period for you and your husband. And your little one couldn't wait to greet his Dad!!!! Quite an initiation for your husband Congratulations again!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic