Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:45am
easily answered...

there are some personal/family matters that need to be sorted out properly before a full transition is made.

my family and i are fortunate enough not to be in a situation that would have canada being our only or best option and can therefore make a much more gradual transition to what will become our new home.

Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

A_Yardie.... a personal question (feel free not to answer if you don't want to). Question If you have a PRV, why are you back in Jamaica? Confused

Originally posted by A_Yardie A_Yardie wrote:

that was for a PRV. i gather that the TRVs have a similar process but am unsure. if i recall corretly, the TRVs take 10 working days to be processed.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:49am
i'm sorry to hear of yr frustrations. unfortunately, until the chc office sends a request to redo the medical, you will have to continue to endure the wait.

have u tried making contact with them thru their email service?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

dont get discouraged, the processing time varies and each case is different.

Originally posted by missingmybaby missingmybaby wrote:

Sponsor my husband kingston recieved his application one year today and until now he havent get any call went to immigration in kingston last month nov they told us that his papers is with the immigration officer his medical already expired from october until now they haven`t send him a form to redo his medical i want my husband to be home for christmasCryCry i dont know what to do anymore.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:52am
It certainly is a long, lonely and frustrating journey. But I don't understand why it' been 365 days. 

I'm sorry, but in all likelyhood he won't make it here for another couple of months after the request for the medical redo. Have you considered doing a TRV? It might be wise to do in December.

Originally posted by missingmybaby missingmybaby wrote:

Sponsor my husband kingston recieved his application one year today and until now he havent get any call went to immigration in kingston last month nov they told us that his papers is with the immigration officer his medical already expired from october until now they haven`t send him a form to redo his medical i want my husband to be home for christmasCryCry i dont know what to do anymore.

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 01 Dec 2009 at 10:53am
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
My husband was at the Canadian High Commission today and picked up his PRV about an hour ago. The fastest trip yet.  We counted, he's been there 6  times now, and FINALLY this is the last!

I've booked him a plane ticket to leave Jamaica on Friday!!!! YIPPEEEE!!! Party

I'll stick around as time permits as I have met many, many wonderful people here and would like to help them through this long and tedious process.

Here was my timeline :

User: MrsSam Nationality: Canada
Application Filed: 06 Jan 2009 Canadian Visa Office: Kingston, Jamaica
Family Program: Spouses & Partners Medicals Requested:
Medicals Done: 21 Aug 2009 Medicals Sent: 22 Aug 2009
Sponsorship Approved: 22 Jan 2009 AOR Received Date: 10 Mar 2009
File Transferred to Local Consulate: 22 Jan 2009 Initial Assessment Received:
Documents Requested: 13 Apr 2009 Documents Sent: 16 Apr 2009
Interview Date: 15 Sep 2009 Passport Requested: 17 Nov 2009
Application Status: approved Approval/Denial Date: 17 Nov 2009
Passport Received Date: 01 Dec 2009 Landed in Canada:
Landed in City: Toronto Total Processing Time: 315 days
Days Elapsed:
Case Added to Tracker: 06 Nov 2009 Last Updated: 17 minutes ago
Notes: Husband has picked up PPR on Friday, December 1, 2009, flight is booked and he is scheduled to leave the island on Friday, December 4th!!!! YEAH!!!!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:42pm
Congratulations Mrs. Sam. Happy for you.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:48pm
Hey, thanks... from the time I submitted the paper work to today it has been 10 months and 25 days.... in Jamaica time lol

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Congratulations Mrs. Sam. Happy for you.
jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:20pm
my sister Sponsor me ere   brother , sister ,  nieces on mother  from 2001 Kingston received her application 8 year today and my mom  got call to do the medical in 2008 they call her back this year in 2009  telling her medical already expired on not going to make it in time to go to Canada  she have to do it back over they call in July28 she did it back in  November,10  this year   haven get any call from  immigration in Kingston yet,but it was a park-is  far all of as they send as some people in 2008 or 2007 for me on my sister on ere nieces,said in to as that we need to sibmin to us following documents: on we did so they ask for ,original birth certificate for my sis on me on ere nieces,on yourself the my mom ,birth certificate for your sponsor-that my sis who is filing,death certificate for your deceased spouse,completion of the attached from for me on my sister om nieces,      on we send it back in too the high commission it was two set of paper work my mom go the first set on we got the next set of paper who me on my sis on nies
hope to go to Canada some day
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

My husband was at the Canadian High Commission today and picked up his PRV about an hour ago. The fastest trip yet.  We counted, he's been there 6  times now, and FINALLY this is the last!

I've booked him a plane ticket to leave Jamaica on Friday!!!! YIPPEEEE!!! Party

I'll stick around as time permits as I have met many, many wonderful people here and would like to help them through this long and tedious process.

]

Congratulations!!!
missingmybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missingmybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:29am
what is TRV and how would i do that
MAHAL
jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:00am
what i was said in the it just my mom they call to do medical,not  me on my sister we do not get any call or mail from them yet we call the immigration in Canada they said they do not have any thing to do with it now all the paper work is in Jamaica,   immigration in Kingston/ can the   immigration in Kingston  turn as down because it not Canada 
hope to go to Canada some day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic