Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingston, Jamaica applicants
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 12:25pm
Welcome to the Kingston, Jamaica section of the forum dedicated to Family Class Sponsorships.

Feel free to join, contribute and ask as many questions as you would like.
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 4:36pm
Welcome to everyone.

Please keep in mind that this thread is where participants may contribute their experiences and provide opinions in the area of Canadian immigration and settlement in Canada particularily relating to the Kingston Jamaica CIC Office.

I hope your experience on here will be educational and prove to be as rewarding as possible.

I have sponsored my husband from Jamaica beginning January 6, 2009, visited the Canadian High Commission in Jamaica twice, had an interview and will help any and all of those that seek assistance.

I invite all of those to post and track your timelines through www.trackitt.com for accuracy as well.

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 29 Nov 2009 at 4:38pm
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:12pm
My husband got the call the drop off his Passport in Kingston and has done so.

Any one got experience with this one?    I was wondering how many working days it took you to get a phone call from Canadian High Commission in Kingston that your Passport was ready to pick up?

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 29 Nov 2009 at 10:52pm
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:10am
my passport took 12 days to be returned but bear in mind that included 1 Jamaican holiday and 2 fridays on which the chc isnt open to the public.

Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Any one got experience with this one?    I was wondering how many working days it took you to get a phone call from Canadian High Commission in Kingston that your Passport was ready to pick up?
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:16am
Thanks A_Yardie, Was that for a PRV or a TRV? Does their time frame differ on those? I don't know if the procedure is the same for a TRV.

We're on 9 working days today (includes Friday's), because although they aren't open to the public.... I like to think that they still work and make phone calls lol

Originally posted by A_Yardie A_Yardie wrote:

my passport took 12 days to be returned but bear in mind that included 1 Jamaican holiday and 2 fridays on which the chc isnt open to the public.

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 30 Nov 2009 at 9:16am
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:45am
that was for a PRV.

i gather that the TRVs have a similar process but am unsure. if i recall corretly, the TRVs take 10 working days to be processed.

Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:58am
Well.... it looks like for us.... it took 9 working days to get the call.... Party "Your documents are ready for you to Pick Up"... he just got the call about 10 minutes ago!!
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:59pm
congrats...

best wishes and safe travel for yr hubby while he makes his way to his new home.

Well.... it looks like for us.... it took 9 working days to get the call.... Party "Your documents are ready for you to Pick Up"... he just got the call about 10 minutes ago!!

Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:42pm
A_Yardie.... a personal question (feel free not to answer if you don't want to). Question If you have a PRV, why are you back in Jamaica? Confused

Originally posted by A_Yardie A_Yardie wrote:

that was for a PRV.

i gather that the TRVs have a similar process but am unsure. if i recall corretly, the TRVs take 10 working days to be processed.
missingmybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missingmybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:42am
Sponsor my husband kingston recieved his application one year today and until now he havent get any call went to immigration in kingston last month nov they told us that his papers is with the immigration officer his medical already expired from october until now they haven`t send him a form to redo his medical i want my husband to be home for christmasCryCry i dont know what to do anymore.
MAHAL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic