Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:34pm

My fiance and I got married on March 30/10.  We are now starting the long and tedious process of completing his application for permanent residency and my sponsorship application.

Does anyone know how to go about getting a police clearance? 

Also, a family member told me that if I sponsor my spouse I am not entitled to receive maternity benefits from employment insurance within the 3 years I agree to financially support him.  Is this true?  I'm not pregnant but we do plan on having children.  This does present a problem should I get pregnant.

Any help would be much appreciated!
reddraven
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:35pm
sorry....I forgot to mention I live in Ontario
reddraven
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:55am
Just wanted all the lurkers out there to know that everything is great here!!!

The hubby has been in Canada now for 6 months!!! AJ is now 6 months old and while the winter was damn cold for a Jamaican... we're loving life now that we're together. It was worth the wait. I know that some days it will seem like an eternity before you see your partner again, but when that day comes the journey will have been worth the wait :)

And to those nasty rumors that the hubby left the kids and I and went to LA.... wtf?? get a life people! lol (I've got a life now so I haven't spent as much time on the computer... FarmVille on the other hand is another story lol)

Best wishes, I love all of those that keep in touch! And remember to the newbies, if you ever have questions, just send an email.... after going through hell to get my husband to Canada I'll answer any questions you have about the process or even after they get here!

Cheers!

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by reddraven reddraven wrote:

Also, a family member told me that if I sponsor my spouse I am not entitled to receive maternity benefits from employment insurance within the 3 years I agree to financially support him.  Is this true?  I'm not pregnant but we do plan on having children.  This does present a problem should I get pregnant.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Redraven, not true... I'm just finishing up a Maternity Leave and my husband has been here for 6 months, (11 months of processing time from sponsorship approval). You do have to have enough qualifying hours for EI though based on your region.
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic