Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:38pm
hey guys like to ask a questions ,i know this girl in  Canada who want to  sponsor me up there what do she need to do that  can someone have me some info ps 
hope to go to Canada some day
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:31am
Wow Jetice, you are one man that surely wants to get to Canada something bad. LOL She's going to need to fall in love with you and marry you if you want her to be your sponsor, then prove that the relationship is genuine to Immigration and that she didn't just marry you so that you could get into the country.

Originally posted by jetice jetice wrote:

hey guys like to ask a questions ,i know this girl in  Canada who want to  sponsor me up there what do she need to do that  can someone have me some info ps 
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:53am

Hi guys, thanks for all of the warm wishes.

I've kind of been busy... at the hospital and all Big smile AJ is only 3 lbs 10 oz, but he's doing good. I got out of the hospital the next day, and baby is still in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the hospital and probably will be for 4-8 weeks depending on how well he does.
Here's the boy Embarrassed

My husband is amazed with our healthcare system and that everything is free, especially now that we have a preemie baby in the NICU... they even gave us a parking pass valued at $10/day, which is a cost savings of over $500 if baby stays until his due date. WOW!Clap  

He love's Canada and he didn't mind shoveling the front walk of the 3 feet of snow we got... but a good coat, toque and mitts is highly recommended lol. We got good pictures of that to send back home too hahaha.

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 10 Dec 2009 at 7:28am
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Iambless Iambless wrote:

Hello All. I have recently got married. I would lbe very happy to get some answers to some questions:

(1)  Who should the employment letter be addressed to?
Address it to
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
c/o CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Attention: To Whom It May Concern

(2)  Should we wait until next year to apply for the Option C.
No don't wait, spouses do not need to meet minimum requirements for sponsorship. If you filed Income Tax from last year after you request it, you should get it in 7-10 working days.

(3) Who should the letters that our friends and family address the letter to and what should it entail.
Address it to
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
c/o CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Attention: To Whom It May Concern

In these letters you want them to define, confirm and approve of your relationship. Be as detailed as possible, ie. when they met you and your spouse, functions they've attended with you, the love that they see, how they see your relationship... don't be shy. This is proof of your relationship and confirmation that it exists.

(4) Do you have to wait to get the Marriage Certicate before sending off the application?
Yes, they will ask for a copy of the Marriage Certificate in the application, and will ask for a copy of the Original be brought into Kingston and dropped off with other true and original documents they want to see (like birth certificates, divorce certificates, etc).

(5) Do I have to wait until I get the froms that my daughter filled out, police record and medical before I can send off the application?
Yes, get all of your paperwork and records done (records done withih 3 months of the date you intend to submit the application. Mine were done 6 months before, but were still good.

(6) Do you have to go on a honeymoon before sending off the application?
No, but they may ask for specifics. Your honeymoon could just be staying at a different hotel or location on the island, travelling around the country visiting family etc.

(7) What if your husband is older, will there be a red flag?
Red flags all over the place... I'm 16 years older than my husband, they questioned our age and also why we got married so quickly, even requested an interview.

(8) How can you open a joint account?
Talk to your bank directly and they will advise. I just set up another account attached to my account and sent money online that way so that he could withdraw with his Debit Card.

(9) How can you get a printout from your phone company detailing your incoming and outgoing calls?
When he goes back to JA Purchase Digicel Online Topup and it will record when and how much was sent to his cell phone. Your cell phone company should have the option to view your bill online which will break down your calls for incoming and outgoing. I also recommend buying a fax machine for your home that records the incoming callers and then generates a Caller List which  you can also submit (if he calls your home number too).

I am applying outbound although we are in Canada.

Your advice appreciated.
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:38am

Dear Mrs. Sam,

In your post to Lambless, I see that she has mentioned something about letters from family and friends confirming the existence of his/her marriage. I am stumped by this. I did not come across this when I started filling my application? I haven't yet sent in mine, do I need to get these letters?

Also I do not have an Option C printout as I am just about to re-establish residence in Canada on jan 16 (I became PR in APril 2007 and since have not been in the country). Will it be fine just to provide them evidence of overseas employment. I have checked on this forum before but I want to be dead sure.

Thanks,
FD
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:14pm
Hi Future Dentist,

I don't know your particular case but any additional information that you can supply them confirming that your relationship is genuine can be beneficial. Remember that you only get one opportunity to submit everything to prove your case and legitimacy.

I did not send in any letters as I had felt I enough doumented proof, but if you can obtain such letters (and have the time) than by all means certainly do.

Regarding Option C, if you cannot provide one you can explain why you are not providing it (same reason as you stated here) and yes, then submit evidence of overseas employment, paystubs etc as you mentioned.

I hope this info helps :)

futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
Thank you Mrs. Sam.

It is very difficult for me to assess objectively whether my case is strong or not. I can only think of it as strong if you know what I mean ;)

We did not have a traditional marriage though because my parents were not very happy about our getting married. THey wanted us to have a more festive affair which we were both against. We had a small ceremony with only his friends as this was necessary to get the marriage registered. I wonder if this would work against us. We did not have a formal reception either. Should I avoid mentioning that my parents were against our getting married?

We have known each other from 2001, we met through instant messaging and were introduced by my cousin who is his best friend. We lived together since 2006 and got married in 2009. We have TONS of chats between us. I just can't get a hold of my voice call history as we used a variety of VOIP services and the call history is no longer showing up. I only have evidence that my SKYPE was recharged very frequently without a breakdown of calls or phone numbers. We have TONS of photos.

Do I need to add anything to make our evidence stronger?

-FD
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 7:11pm
I live in Canada and my fiance lives in Jamaica.  He wants to apply for a TRV and come to stay with me for 6 months.  Does anyone know how long the processing time is and how difficult it is to get one?  What should we do to make sure he is approved?
reddraven
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 9:50pm
Hi Reddraven,

the turn around time for the TRV application is not very long, I believe it is approx 10 days. The problem is that is it very unlikely that they will grant it. You can always try and hope for the best but the approval rate is not very good. Things that can work in your favor are the ties he has to Jamaica. If they are convinced that he will return there they would be more willing to approve the application. The sticky part is that once you tell them you are engaged, they will most likely assume he will not return and overstay on the visa.

Best of luck :)
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:46pm

thank you faith! we don't plan on telling them we are engaged, just friends.  He also has family here, perhaps it would be better for him to say he is visiting family.

reddraven
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic