Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 1:12am
That would probably work better for you. Does your fiance has significant ties to his community? Own land/house, long term job, kids? All of these things will help him to get the visa however it is also a luck of the draw :(
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:27am

no the only thing he has is a letter of employment stating he has been there 3 years and has been granted leave for those months.  What if he bought the plane ticket beforehand and showed them that?  It would have a date of return showing he is planning on going back.  We were waiting to see if they approved him first but I was just wondering if it would prove he was planning on returning.

Or what if I wrote the invitation letter stating he was visiting family and friends, his family doesn't have enough room for him so he would be staying at my residence.

It's frustrating that we can travel anywhere but they can't and have to go through such a rigorous process and may not even be approved.  He is definitely going back, we plan to marry at the end of October on the beach.  Then we would be applying for permanent residency....a whole other can of worms lol
reddraven
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
He needs to show more ties. They look for assets like land, vehicle etc. I know someone who had the same job with the govt for 10+ years and because he could not show enough $$$ on a bank statement, they kept turning him down for a visitor's visa. He got approved last year when he was able to show 'enough' money in the bank. He also used his car title.

Originally posted by reddraven reddraven wrote:

no the only thing he has is a letter of employment stating he has been there 3 years and has been granted leave for those months.  What if he bought the plane ticket beforehand and showed them that?  It would have a date of return showing he is planning on going back.  We were waiting to see if they approved him first but I was just wondering if it would prove he was planning on returning.

Or what if I wrote the invitation letter stating he was visiting family and friends, his family doesn't have enough room for him so he would be staying at my residence.

It's frustrating that we can travel anywhere but they can't and have to go through such a rigorous process and may not even be approved.  He is definitely going back, we plan to marry at the end of October on the beach.  Then we would be applying for permanent residency....a whole other can of worms lol
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
how much money do you need?
reddraven
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:55am
My mother in law got a visa and she had $120k in the bank. ( jamaican) She owns her house and she has had her own business for 20+ years.
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 1:43pm
I'm not sure how much you need to show but they count assets too. So the previous poster's mother-in-law had a business so that is considered a big asset and the $120k was enough. The person I know just got an insurance settlement and showed $400k. His car was the asset he showed.

Originally posted by reddraven reddraven wrote:

how much money do you need?

Edited by jamaisomal - 17 Jan 2010 at 1:44pm
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:22am
 i want go to  Canada before  i applying for a visa what do i need to make with me ,bank statement and employment letter ,but i guess the lost time i work for a company was in 2007 on i got a employment latter far them to take away im looking mason work on not a lot of money in my bank book it like 1000 thousand  dollars in it now can i use that one the latter i get
hope to go to Canada some day
jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:13pm
can some give me some info but get in  marry within 90 days  in Canada oh can she send far me that why in jamaica  
chelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 5:42pm
greetings all...

first time posting, so quick overview/introduction before i ask my question...

married my husband in may of 09, i was 5 months pregnant at the time... We submitted our paperwork on Sept 30, the day before our son was born... I was approved for sponsor October 22, processing began on Nov 11.... we got a letter Feb 8 saying we need to bring in proof of our son's birth certificate.. I took my maternity leave here (in jamaica) so had the b/c with us... we submitted that feb 9...

today (feb 22) we got a phone call saying we must bring in the birth certificate again since they have misplaced the copy, along with my husband's passport so they can finalize the immigration process...

first, am i correct in assuming that this is it, we're done?

and secondly, how long does it take for us to get his passport back?....

i've been enjoying living in jamaica and plan on being here a couple more months at least (not looking forward to going back to winter, we'll wait it out :) ), but it'll be nice to know we're READY!!!

thanks for the help and best of luck to you all!!!

jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 9:43am
did you ask them how did they last your   husband's passport ,and your  son's birth certificate ,you lot then pay far it ,will it take about one week to got your passport if you take it in ,but if you give someone it will take two week to got back 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic