Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:05am
jetice, nice to see you made it to the forum again Smile and indeed I think you're going to make it to Canada too!

I think it's good that they contacted your mother to redo the medical because it expired which means they're getting to the end of the line!!!!

It may be another month before she hears anything back from Kingston, but they ARE working on it Clap.

Great that they have the original documents now too!

Originally posted by jetice jetice wrote:

my sister Sponsor me ere   brother , sister ,  nieces on mother  from 2001 Kingston received her application 8 year today and my mom  got call to do the medical in 2008 they call her back this year in 2009  telling her medical already expired on not going to make it in time to go to Canada  she have to do it back over they call in July28 she did it back in  November,10  this year   haven get any call from  immigration in Kingston yet,but it was a park-is  far all of as they send as some people in 2008 or 2007 for me on my sister on ere nieces,said in to as that we need to sibmin to us following documents: on we did so they ask for ,original birth certificate for my sis on me on ere nieces,on yourself the my mom ,birth certificate for your sponsor-that my sis who is filing,death certificate for your deceased spouse,completion of the attached from for me on my sister om nieces,      on we send it back in too the high commission it was two set of paper work my mom go the first set on we got the next set of paper who me on my sis on nies
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:12am

Family Class

Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law

partner, conjugal partner or dependent

child living outside Canada

Part 3:

Country Specific

Instructions

Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas,

Barbados, Cuba, Dominica,

Dominican Republic, Grenada,

Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts

and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint

Vincent and the Grenadines,

Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 02 Dec 2009 at 9:12am
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:14am
TRV= Temporary Resident Visa or Visitors Visa

you apply as any other person would by filling out the forms and paying yr fees. this visa doesnt allow you to live in canada, there is a time limit as to how long you can stay in the country legally.

Originally posted by missingmybaby missingmybaby wrote:

what is TRV and how would i do that
Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Wishing for a better Jamaica.
A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:16am
try this site, it should give you all the info you need to apply for a TRV.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Applied Nov 2007, Docs Request Nov 2008, Medical & Proof of Funds Mar 2009, PR Granted Oct 2009, Landed June 2010.

Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:25am
Hi missingmybaby,

Given that you have an application for a PRV, you're going to need to make a substantial effort to prove that he will come back to Jamaica when the TRV, Temporary Resident Visa expires. If he has a job, a letter from his employer confirming that he has *** weeks vacation & a job he is expected to return to. Ties to the community (taking care of mother/father etc). Return airplane ticket, travel insurance while in Canada with expiry date.

Explain that you understand the process is lenghty, how long  you haven't seen each other, any committments in Canada that prevent you from getting to Jamaica to see him, financial burden if you do leave your job for an extended time, no more vacation pay, Child responsiblities, job, family duties etc.

You need to make it clear that the best option for both of you is for him to come here to visit. If you can convince them of that, and that indeed he will return before the TRV expires. You should be okay. I also advise that you apply for it ASAP, as rumor has it they pound out TRV's in record numbers in December. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but I think if it can work in your favor. Sooner is better. Especially if you want him here for Christmas..... maybe play religion in your favour as well.

How to apply for your Temporary Resident Visa

1. Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa application package.
  2. Read the guide.
  3. Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents.
  4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
  5. Mail the application form and necessary documents.

1. Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa application package.

The package includes the application guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Download and print the application package.

2. Read the guide.

Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply.

3. Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents.

The application form contains instructions. Read the instructions and be sure to provide the required documents. If you do not provide all the requested information or documents, your application may be delayed.

You can use the same application form for your spouse or common-law partner, and for dependent children under 18 if they will be travelling with you.

All required documents must be included with your application:

• You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application.
  • Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
  • Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
  • You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
  • You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.

4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.

The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).

Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them.

Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
FYI: PRV’s: How many do they process every year?

Facts and figures 2008 – Immigration overview:
Permanent and temporary residents

Permanent residents

Canada – Permanent residents by source country

Number

Source countries

Jamaica

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:44am
Hi Mrs. Sam,

Do these figures include all the applicants, approved and denied?
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:50am
No, but I wish they would disclose that type of info. Smile
This is the number that were issued for the correlating year.

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Hi Mrs. Sam,

Do these figures include all the applicants, approved and denied?
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

No, but I wish they would disclose that type of info. Smile

This is the number that were issued for the correlating year.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how many in fact they do process. Maybe we can do a study ourselves (if only we know the bases of their decisions). Sigh.

A_Yardie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Yardie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:48am
there are some general guidelines that must be followed for the application.

after that however, the decision rests with the immigration officer that has yr file and the quotas that have to be met.

i've been thru some circumstances with both the us and canadian immgration offices that lead me to believe that at times, it really is just the luck of the draw.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic