Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston, Jamaica applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
how much money do you need?
reddraven
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
He needs to show more ties. They look for assets like land, vehicle etc. I know someone who had the same job with the govt for 10+ years and because he could not show enough $$$ on a bank statement, they kept turning him down for a visitor's visa. He got approved last year when he was able to show 'enough' money in the bank. He also used his car title.

Originally posted by reddraven reddraven wrote:

no the only thing he has is a letter of employment stating he has been there 3 years and has been granted leave for those months.  What if he bought the plane ticket beforehand and showed them that?  It would have a date of return showing he is planning on going back.  We were waiting to see if they approved him first but I was just wondering if it would prove he was planning on returning.

Or what if I wrote the invitation letter stating he was visiting family and friends, his family doesn't have enough room for him so he would be staying at my residence.

It's frustrating that we can travel anywhere but they can't and have to go through such a rigorous process and may not even be approved.  He is definitely going back, we plan to marry at the end of October on the beach.  Then we would be applying for permanent residency....a whole other can of worms lol
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:27am

no the only thing he has is a letter of employment stating he has been there 3 years and has been granted leave for those months.  What if he bought the plane ticket beforehand and showed them that?  It would have a date of return showing he is planning on going back.  We were waiting to see if they approved him first but I was just wondering if it would prove he was planning on returning.

Or what if I wrote the invitation letter stating he was visiting family and friends, his family doesn't have enough room for him so he would be staying at my residence.

It's frustrating that we can travel anywhere but they can't and have to go through such a rigorous process and may not even be approved.  He is definitely going back, we plan to marry at the end of October on the beach.  Then we would be applying for permanent residency....a whole other can of worms lol
reddraven
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 1:12am
That would probably work better for you. Does your fiance has significant ties to his community? Own land/house, long term job, kids? All of these things will help him to get the visa however it is also a luck of the draw :(
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:46pm

thank you faith! we don't plan on telling them we are engaged, just friends.  He also has family here, perhaps it would be better for him to say he is visiting family.

reddraven
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 9:50pm
Hi Reddraven,

the turn around time for the TRV application is not very long, I believe it is approx 10 days. The problem is that is it very unlikely that they will grant it. You can always try and hope for the best but the approval rate is not very good. Things that can work in your favor are the ties he has to Jamaica. If they are convinced that he will return there they would be more willing to approve the application. The sticky part is that once you tell them you are engaged, they will most likely assume he will not return and overstay on the visa.

Best of luck :)
reddraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 7:11pm
I live in Canada and my fiance lives in Jamaica.  He wants to apply for a TRV and come to stay with me for 6 months.  Does anyone know how long the processing time is and how difficult it is to get one?  What should we do to make sure he is approved?
reddraven
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
Thank you Mrs. Sam.

It is very difficult for me to assess objectively whether my case is strong or not. I can only think of it as strong if you know what I mean ;)

We did not have a traditional marriage though because my parents were not very happy about our getting married. THey wanted us to have a more festive affair which we were both against. We had a small ceremony with only his friends as this was necessary to get the marriage registered. I wonder if this would work against us. We did not have a formal reception either. Should I avoid mentioning that my parents were against our getting married?

We have known each other from 2001, we met through instant messaging and were introduced by my cousin who is his best friend. We lived together since 2006 and got married in 2009. We have TONS of chats between us. I just can't get a hold of my voice call history as we used a variety of VOIP services and the call history is no longer showing up. I only have evidence that my SKYPE was recharged very frequently without a breakdown of calls or phone numbers. We have TONS of photos.

Do I need to add anything to make our evidence stronger?

-FD
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:14pm
Hi Future Dentist,

I don't know your particular case but any additional information that you can supply them confirming that your relationship is genuine can be beneficial. Remember that you only get one opportunity to submit everything to prove your case and legitimacy.

I did not send in any letters as I had felt I enough doumented proof, but if you can obtain such letters (and have the time) than by all means certainly do.

Regarding Option C, if you cannot provide one you can explain why you are not providing it (same reason as you stated here) and yes, then submit evidence of overseas employment, paystubs etc as you mentioned.

I hope this info helps :)

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:38am

Dear Mrs. Sam,

In your post to Lambless, I see that she has mentioned something about letters from family and friends confirming the existence of his/her marriage. I am stumped by this. I did not come across this when I started filling my application? I haven't yet sent in mine, do I need to get these letters?

Also I do not have an Option C printout as I am just about to re-establish residence in Canada on jan 16 (I became PR in APril 2007 and since have not been in the country). Will it be fine just to provide them evidence of overseas employment. I have checked on this forum before but I want to be dead sure.

Thanks,
FD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic