Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how to renew or revalidate PR lost due to injury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to renew or revalidate PR lost due to injury

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to renew or revalidate PR lost due to injury
    Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 5:44pm
I was issued PR in 2007 and had to make entry by July 2007 but i injured my footin april 2007.
I gave medical certificate and got it extended by another six months.
But the injury did not heal so i gave an application and hot the PR cancelled.
They stamped it mentioning cancelled without prejudice .
This was probably in 2008.
Then they sent a letter in jan 2009 when i was travelling to my home country to reply by march 2009 or else they will reboke the PR .
As i was on leave till mid march i missed the letter and they sent out a letter cancelling my PR and mentioning i have to respply.
My question is how can my PR be restored or revalidated.
Can someone please find me a way out. I was 34 years then , now i am 44 years and am losing points on my age to be abke to apply again.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 1:40pm
Hi

Originally posted by Toby123 Toby123 wrote:

I was issued PR in 2007 and had to make entry by July 2007 but i injured my footin april 2007.
I gave medical certificate and got it extended by another six months.
But the injury did not heal so i gave an application and hot the PR cancelled.
They stamped it mentioning cancelled without prejudice .
This was probably in 2008.
Then they sent a letter in jan 2009 when i was travelling to my home country to reply by march 2009 or else they will reboke the PR .
As i was on leave till mid march i missed the letter and they sent out a letter cancelling my PR and mentioning i have to respply.
My question is how can my PR be restored or revalidated.
Can someone please find me a way out. I was 34 years then , now i am 44 years and am losing points on my age to be abke to apply again.

1. Way to late. You have to re-apply and qualify under the rules that are in place now.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic