Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spouse open work permit processing time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spouse open work permit processing time
    Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:28pm
Hi everybody,

Is there anybody who have experience with application on paper for Open Work Permit inside Canada?

My husband have work permit and moved to Canada three months ago and I arrived a month ago with visitor visa. I sent application to change condition, from visitor to work permit visa, via mail to Alberta three weeks ago and I know that is early to expect any request from CIC, just wanted to hear experiences with this kind of application and to follow status update with anyone who is in same position.

Thank you!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by snoopy_15 snoopy_15 wrote:

<span style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;">Hi everybody,</span><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><span style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;">Is there anybody who have experience with application on paper for Open Work Permit inside Canada?</span><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><span style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;">My husband have work permit and moved to Canada three months ago and I arrived a month ago with visitor visa. I sent application to change condition, from visitor to work permit visa, via mail to Alberta three weeks ago and I know that is early to expect any request from CIC, just wanted to hear experiences with this kind of application and to follow status update with anyone who is in same position.</span><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><br style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;"><span style="font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16.9px; : rgb246, 246, 246;">Thank you!</span>

1. Posted processing time is 10 weeks: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
PMM
snoopy_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 7:03pm
Thank you for your answer. I checked that, too. I'm just wondering does whole process takes about 10 weeks (they will contact me earlier and will get my work permit) or to expect to be contacted first time for about 10 weeks and the whole process will take more than that? 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 12:19pm
Hi

Originally posted by snoopy_15 snoopy_15 wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I checked that, too. I'm just wondering does whole process takes about 10 weeks (they will contact me earlier and will get my work permit) or to expect to be contacted first time for about 10 weeks and the whole process will take more than that? 

1. If you submitted a complete application, with a copy of your spouse's work permit, his job description to prove he is working NOC A, B or O and 1 pay stub, then you would receive the work permit in the mail, no further contact.
2. If you didn't send a complete application, IRCC, they just refuse and return the application. They won't request corrections.
PMM
snoopy_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 10:03am
Aha ok, I understand. So they will send me mail with work permit or refusal for about 10 weeks. 

And yes we sent his work permit and whole papers he has about his work permit, not sure what all that documents means. I thought that they maybe will contact us, I'm not sure. 

I tried to linked my paper application using their online application, but every time I tried there is no information about my application. :( I suppose it's still early for that. I sent mail June 23, not sure which date mail comes to them, in Post Canada they told us that will arrive for about 3-5 days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic