Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Holder Minor can apply for Citizenship ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Holder Minor can apply for Citizenship ??
    Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 3:02pm
I along with my family did first landing in Jun 2008 and since then we have been living outside Canada. I would like to ask few questions to take a decision for my kids future irrespective of if I'll be able to meet the requirements:

1. My both kids are 16 & 13 yrs at present, do they also need to meet the 730 & 1095 days of requirements to retain PR & apply for citizenship? If not, then how can they apply for Citizenship and when?
If the answer is yes, then further questions below:
2. If they starts living from this year WITHOUT  me (principal applicant) in Canada, than can they apply for PR renewal after the expiry of 5 yrs of present PR if they accumulate 730 days in total?
3. If they starts living from this year WITHOUT  me (principal applicant) in Canada, than can they apply for citizenship if they complete 1095 days of living in next 3-4 yrs for atleast themselfs? In this situation what are my chances of also applying with them for Citizenship?

Appreciate your feeedback and suggestions.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:52pm
Hi

Originally posted by HiCan HiCan wrote:

I along with my family did first landing in Jun 2008 and since then we have been living outside Canada. I would like to ask few questions to take a decision for my kids future irrespective of if I'll be able to meet the requirements:

1. My both kids are 16 & 13 yrs at present, do they also need to meet the 730 & 1095 days of requirements to retain PR & apply for citizenship? If not, then how can they apply for Citizenship and when?

If the answer is yes, then further questions below:

2. If they starts living from this year WITHOUT  me (principal applicant) in Canada, than can they apply for PR renewal after the expiry of 5 yrs of present PR if they accumulate 730 days in total?
3. If they starts living from this year WITHOUT  me (principal applicant) in Canada, than can they apply for citizenship if they complete 1095 days of living in next 3-4 yrs for atleast themselfs? In this situation what are my chances of also applying with them for Citizenship?

Appreciate your feeedback and suggestions.

1. Yes, only when a parent is applying for citizenship can a minor be included without sufficient days of residence.
2. Yes and yes, but guardians would have to be appointed for them as they are minors and require guardians to made decisions for them.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic