Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Complain or not to Complain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParadiseCrystalz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Complain or not to Complain?
    Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:41pm
I want your advice, When I had my hearing Dec 2008 with the judge, she was not very nice to me. Everything I would say to her she would take it as a lie even though I was telling the truth. She was soo mean that she almost made me cry. And I felt so choked up and bothered.

How come someone like that treat someone like me wrong???? And I treated her with all my respect even though she was attacking me. Now I have to see her again god knows when. So what should I do? Should I write to the Senior Judge about this? I just want the second time that I see her to be filled with respect instead of treating me like a liar.

The MP Office told me that it has no affect on your file, but when I was reading about it, it states that they do send a copy of your letter to the local Judge. What do you guys think.

Thanks in Advance
Office:Windsor Apply:Feb 17,09 Rec Exp-post:Feb 23,09 Online Stat Recieved:Jul20,09 Recieved ACK:Aug6,09 Process Start:Sept22,09 File Trans:OCt21,09 Test:Jan6,10 RQ:Jan6,10 HandedRQ:Jan12 Hearing:???
ParadiseCrystalz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParadiseCrystalz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:43pm
Office:Windsor Apply:Feb 17,09 Rec Exp-post:Feb 23,09 Online Stat Recieved:Jul20,09 Recieved ACK:Aug6,09 Process Start:Sept22,09 File Trans:OCt21,09 Test:Jan6,10 RQ:Jan6,10 HandedRQ:Jan12 Hearing:???
JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:53pm

How to Become a Citizenship Judge in Canada

In Canada, a citizenship judge is an official who reviews citizenship applications to determine whether the applicants will make good Canadian citizens. They preside over the citizenship ceremonies for new Canadian citizens and administer the oath of citizenship. This is their only function; they are not judges in the traditional sense of presiding over civil or criminal trials. Citizenship judges simply need to be respectable members of the community. Citizenship judges are appointed for a particular region of Canada on recommendations from the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

Instructions
  1. Step 1

Citizenship Judges must be Canadian citizens, although they do not have to be born in Canada. In fact, many citizenship judges are naturalized citizens who came to Canada from other countries and see becoming a citizenship judge as a way to give something back to their adopted country.

2. Step 2

As English and French are the official languages of Canada, Citizenship Judges must speak at least one of these languages with fluency.

3. Step 3

Since citizenship judges will be deciding whether other people should be allowed to become citizens of Canada, they must be worthy citizens themselves. This requirement i typically means that the Advisory Panel that reviews applications likes to see experience with volunteer or professional organizations. Some current citizenship judges have served with organizations including the Catholic Civil Rights League, the Nova Scotia Arts Council and the Advanced Education Council of British Columbia.

4. Step 4

You begin the application process by sending your CV and any other information you think might be relevant to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (address below). A simple cover letter indicating your interest and why you believe you would be a good citizenship judge is all you need. There is no actual application form.

5. Step 5

Candidates who appear to meet the initial requirements of citizenship, language skills and background will be invited to take an essay test. The test asks questions designed to evaluate the candidate's judgment, cultural sensitivity, analytical thinking and general approach to the decision making process.

6. Step 6

Assuming the written test goes well, candidates will be interviewed by the Advisory Panel. Once again, the purpose of the interview is to assess the candidate's knowledge of Canada, commitment to the citizenship process, interactive communication skills and self-control.

7. Step 7

Once the written essay and interview are complete, references checked and all the paperwork assembled, the Advisory Panel will forward the information and their own reports to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration for his or her consideration. From this point on, there's nothing else you can do. The Minister will either select you or not. Appointments can be full or part-time, and typically last no longer than three years. Some judges may be re-appointed.

JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by ParadiseCrystalz ParadiseCrystalz wrote:

I want your advice, When I had my hearing Dec 2008 with the judge, she was not very nice to me. Everything I would say to her she would take it as a lie even though I was telling the truth. She was soo mean that she almost made me cry. And I felt so choked up and bothered.

Thanks in Advance

Profiles of citizenship judges

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//department/commission/cit-judges.asp#tphp%20idtphp

JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:00pm

William Shakespeare

- To be, or not to be (from Hamlet 3/1)

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.
kapil dev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapil dev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 7:07pm
Hi:
Did you complain about the Judge's Behaviour? what else did you do? I think i am in the same situation.
your advice would be helpful
Kapil
Cthrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cthrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:47am

I'm sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience.  Was this nasty judge in Windsor?  I notice your file was transferred. It wasn't some other office, was it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic