Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live in caregiver work permit extention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 1:43pm
Thanks for your reply, I would be thankful if can tell that when i should expect the decision on my application for extension and for how long they may extend, somebody said that they should extend the WP for next three years. Earlier i had only one year visa and 9 months work permit from march 2010 to dec 2010. So for how long do u expect they will extend. Although my employer has mention in her letter to extend that till dec 2012. I mean for two years. CIc recived my application on 13th Sept as per canadapost website. So when should i get the acknowledgement reciept or will they just send the decision?
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:12pm
Usually length of WP depends upon the duration of the contract/LMO.

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I would be thankful if can tell that when i should expect the decision on my application for extension and for how long they may extend, somebody said that they should extend the WP for next three years. Earlier i had only one year visa and 9 months work permit from march 2010 to dec 2010. So for how long do u expect they will extend. Although my employer has mention in her letter to extend that till dec 2012. I mean for two years. CIc recived my application on 13th Sept as per canadapost website. So when should i get the acknowledgement reciept or will they just send the decision?

Edited by job_seeker - 16 Sep 2010 at 2:12pm
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
wangjn163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangjn163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:23pm
Hi !How are you.I live in ontario.I want to know if your caregiver get her new work permit?Because I want to extend my work permit according to your caregiver rules.but my emplyer don not know how to write  new job offer .so please give me a sample according to your caregiver .Thanks a lot ! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 11:08pm
You don't need a new job offer, just a letter from your employer that she still needs your services. Also sign a new contract with her.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/LCP-sample_contract.pdf

Originally posted by wangjn163 wangjn163 wrote:

Hi !How are you.I live in ontario.I want to know if your caregiver get her new work permit?Because I want to extend my work permit according to your caregiver rules.but my emplyer don not know how to write  new job offer .so please give me a sample according to your caregiver .Thanks a lot ! 

Edited by job_seeker - 28 Sep 2010 at 11:12pm
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
wangjn163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangjn163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:08am
Thanks for your reply. I have another question.My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. so if begin date of my new work permit application is  9th April 2011 .my new contract duration is 2years. so if end date  of my new work permit application is  9th April 2013. And how  to choose employer letter in IMM5556E checklist .I mean which one should I choose .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 1:35am
Sorry did not quite understand your question. Imm 5556E is the document checklist. Provide your new contract and a letter from your employer stating that they are renewing your services for another two years. Don't place dates; you don't know when you'll be granted the extension. Place 2 years on the duration of the contract if that is how long your employer will need you. You can place the date of when you signed the contract though. Send your application two to three months prior to the expiry of your current work permit considering it now takes 76 days (2 and 1/2 months) to process work permit for same employer.

Thanks for your reply. I have another question.My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. so if begin date of my new work permit application is  9th April 2011 .my new contract duration is 2years. so if end date  of my new work permit application is  9th April 2013. And how  to choose employer letter in IMM5556E checklist .I mean which one should I choose .
wangjn163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangjn163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:02am
sorry ,give you much trouble. I mean what time should I extend my stay in canada until ?for example year/month/date.  The duration of my new contract is 2 years .My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. Can I  extend my stay in canada until 9th April 2013?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
Depends upon the length of your contract and the duration of the WP that will be issued.

sorry ,give you much trouble. I mean what time should I extend my stay in canada until ?for example year/month/date.  The duration of my new contract is 2 years .My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. Can I  extend my stay in canada until 9th April 2013?
Ingrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:20pm
If you find yourself wanting to go to USA then you can find good jobs on www.callseniorcare.com - I found plenty of jobs there and for sure there is a shortage of these kind of workers in USA.
You have to enter legally , and pass the certification tests and so forth, but it is really worth it to try.
Good luck.
wangjn163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangjn163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:20pm
hi ,I called cic service phone number ,offlicer told me that I need a new job offer letter from employer.but I don not know what is new job offer letter from employer. I guess that is same as job offer ,right?Please give me answer and kindly give me a sample of  job offer letter from employer.Thanks a lot in advance.My email is [email protected] 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic