Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live in caregiver work permit extention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 4:09pm

1. Once you have completed 3900 hours within 22 months or 2 years.
2. So the earliest would be around June/15 to apply.
3. You can include an Open Work permit with your application.
4. You need to extend your work permit. [/QUOTE]

Hi pmm, do I need to have medical examination from the Panel Physician when I extend my work permit? thanks

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 1:22pm
Hi

Originally posted by Jen_N Jen_N wrote:

1. Once you have completed 3900 hours within 22 months or 2 years.
2. So the earliest would be around June/15 to apply.
3. You can include an Open Work permit with your application.
4. You need to extend your work permit.

Hi pmm, do I need to have medical examination from the Panel Physician when I extend my work permit? thanks

[/QUOTE]

No, not required.
PMM
Jen_N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 3:25pm
thank you so much pmm Smile
Jen_N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 2:13am
hi all, I just heard that under new LCP, I need to have LMIA when I extend work permit although I work for the same employer. In additon, when I apply online, I was asked submit the LMO. I am confused now. So do i need a new LMO when I extend my work permit? Thanks
pam2315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam2315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 2:08pm
hi im almost 5 months working here at canada bc. but me and my employer is quite having a little argument and they told me that they can send me back home to the philippines.. so i answered back to her that you cant do that because i hve a vid work permit but they said to me they have the authority to do that is it possible for them even i have a 3 yrs contract here and my visa will expire at 2017.. what will i do they even said to me that if ill change my employer i only have 90 days to find a new one or else if i dont find any ill be out in canada is it true pls try to answer me so confused thank you and godspeed..
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 2:23pm
Hi

Originally posted by pam2315 pam2315 wrote:

hi im almost 5 months working here at canada bc. but me and my employer is quite having a little argument and they told me that they can send me back home to the philippines.. so i answered back to her that you cant do that because i hve a vid work permit but they said to me they have the authority to do that is it possible for them even i have a 3 yrs contract here and my visa will expire at 2017.. what will i do they even said to me that if ill change my employer i only have 90 days to find a new one or else if i dont find any ill be out in canada is it true pls try to answer me so confused thank you and godspeed..

1. No, your employers can't send you home. You have valid status until your work permit expires. Although to work at another job, you would require a new LMIA and a new work permit.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/extend-stay.asp#change It's not true that you have to leave if you don't find a new employer within 90 days.
PMM
pam2315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam2315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 2:29pm
thank you very much and pne more thing i dont know if my tax was payed by my employer is it the t4??? and if ill change my employer who will apply for the LMIa and do i nned to get another work permit thank you
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 3:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by pam2315 pam2315 wrote:

thank you very much and pne more thing i dont know if my tax was payed by my employer is it the t4??? and if ill change my employer who will apply for the LMIa and do i nned to get another work permit thank you

1. Your employer should have deducted taxes from your salary and issued a T4 if they did deduct.

From CIC "You must deduct from your employee’s pay:

income tax
    Employment Insurance premiums, and
    Canada Pension Plan contributions.

You must regularly remit these deductions to the CRA. Check with provincial or territorial authorities or the HRSDC/Service Canada centre about other deductions such as workers’ compensation and health insurance.

For more information, see CRA website – Payroll.

2. As I stated, you new employer must apply for the LMIA and once it is approved, you apply for a new work permit before you start work.
PMM
pam2315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam2315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:26pm
hi what will i do my employer is only giving me 100 dollars per month and i even have no day offs for saturday and sunday they also forcing me to attend to their meetings at jehovahs witnessess every thursday and sunday... they even told me i cannot go and look for another employer pls help me please ive been contacting your office but still busy thanks n godbless
morera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:03pm
Hi There,
I want to extend my live-in caregiver work visa. I have the check list with all the documents from cic.cg.ca and one of the boxes says to send the LMIA (old LMO)

Question:
If the caregiver is working for the same employer with the same conditions. Do we need to submit the LMIA? 
thanks for your help in advance.
Best Regards
Tamara
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic