Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live in caregiver work permit extention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fregrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: live in caregiver work permit extention
    Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:12am
Hi,
I need to extend my live in caregiver work permit soon,
but my previous LMO is expired.

Do I need to get a new LMO when I extend work permit, even though I work for same employer?

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by fregrance fregrance wrote:

Hi, I need to extend my live in caregiver work permit soon,but my previous LMO is expired.Do I need to get a new LMO when I extend work permit, even though I work for same employer?

If it's with the same employer you don't need a LMO but you need an updated job contract.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
fregrance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fregrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:15pm
Thank you for your answer.

I was confused, because some people said we need to get new LMO even with the same employer for extending work permit if previous LMO is expired. some said we don't need.

I was searching information about it and one thing makes me confused again.....

I found in CIC guide (for applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada), it says

"The HRSDC confirmation is typically given for a specific period of time, and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will therefore likely require a new opinion from HRSDC."

Does that mean I need to get new LMO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by fregrance fregrance wrote:

Thank you for your answer.I was confused, because some people said we need to get new LMO even with the same employer for extending work permit if previous LMO is expired. some said we don't need.I was searching information about it and one thing makes me confused again.....I found in CIC guide (for applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada), it says"The HRSDC confirmation is typically given for a specific period of time, and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will therefore likely require a new opinion from HRSDC."Does that mean I need to get new LMO?

Here's a post from another forum:

Re: extension of work permit
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:42:25 am »
     Reply with quoteQuote
I phoned CIC and was assured that an LMO was not required for a caregiver extension. I asked and received an email confirmation that an LMO was not required. My caregiver's one year permit expires on May 13th 2010 and he submitted his request for a 2 year extension last week without an LMO because the process time is now 86 days..
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
Hi, Are you sure that we do not need LMO to apply for extension under caregiver prog. I came to Canada in january 2010 and my visa and Work permit will expire on 31st dec 2010. I wanted to apply for extension. So what do i need to send to Alberta with application for extending my stay, updated contract, Copy of passport and marriage certificate and Processing Fees. 
My previous LMO was expired even before getting visa. Still after that i got the visa , but Now do i need the LMO for extension. Some agencies says yes, Some said no ....:( Please inform what happened with with your caregiver , Does he get the extension without LMO? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:02am
If it's with the same employer, you need a letter and a new contract from him/her. No need for a new LMO.

Issuance or renewal of work permits in Canada Work permits are issued for one year at a time. Live-in caregivers must apply to CPC-V for a renewal of their work permit before it expires. They may change employers but must apply for a new work permit, with a validated job offer and a new employment contract. If the caregiver continues to work for the same employer, there is no need for a new validation. A letter from the employer stating that the live-in caregiver will continue to be employed full time for another year is sufficient. The employer and caregiver must also extend their employment contract for another year. Live-in caregivers must continue to meet the requirements of the LCP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf Item 5.3

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

Hi, Are you sure that we do not need LMO to apply for extension under caregiver prog. I came to Canada in january 2010 and my visa and Work permit will expire on 31st dec 2010. I wanted to apply for extension. So what do i need to send to Alberta with application for extending my stay, updated contract, Copy of passport and marriage certificate and Processing Fees. 
My previous LMO was expired even before getting visa. Still after that i got the visa , but Now do i need the LMO for extension. Some agencies says yes, Some said no ....:( Please inform what happened with with your caregiver , Does he get the extension without LMO? 
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 10:45am
Smile Thanks for your reply :)

But the link you have provided for the live in caregiver manuals is of last year which shows that it Caregiver needs to complete two years of employement in three years where as  its now four years ! Do you have a link for updated manual ! ( That is Old manual)

I could not get a proper sleep becouse of this confusion that either I need a new/valid LMO to apply for an extension or not? I contacted so many agencies , all are giving diffrent statements.

BTW, What kind of letter do I need from my employer and what he should write in that !!! He has no idea exectly what to write in that. Can you send me a sample at [email protected]

And do i need to send them the copy of previous LMO which was expired before getting visa even for the goverment records.

Any additional document and where i can submitt the fee for processing.

Sorry for too many questions.

ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 7:44pm
Hi, did ur caregiver got extension without LMO??? His wp was aboutto expie inmay 2010 and u mentioned that he applied in jan 2010 for extension so what happned?
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:02pm
Hello, What date we should write to start in updated contract  attach with application for extension? Should it be like already working or a adte on which work permit will expires? Like if the work permit expires on 31st dec and visa also on the same date, then what date we should write in contract ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
CIC has not updated the Operating Manuals. Letter should specify that the employer still needs the services of the caregiver. Add an updated contract. You need not specify a date; mention another year more or year and a half to make sure you have time for the processing of your OWP.

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

Hello, What date we should write to start in updated contract  attach with application for extension? Should it be like already working or a adte on which work permit will expires? Like if the work permit expires on 31st dec and visa also on the same date, then what date we should write in contract ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic