Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live in caregiver work permit extention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:01pm
Apply for your WP then when you have the WP send in your app for TRV at either Buffalo or Seattle. Your WP was co-terminus with your TRV.

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

My case is like this,

I filed my application in may 2006 under LCP in my home country india, I got an interview call in dec 2009 and on 18th dec 2009 i got my single entry visa valid till 31st dec 2010. I came to canada in march 2010 after my wedding which was scheduled since october 2009 and in march when i came here immigration officer gave me work permit valid till 31st dec 2010. My work permit and visa will expire on the same day. At the airport immigration officer told me to apply for an extension in september if my employer want to continue. They might have though that my application already took 3.5 years to process and might my employers doesnt need me now! Although the validity of my passport is till Oct 2018 (valid for 10 years). So what should i do !!! Apply for extension within the same procedure or just send the employers letter with application to extend the workpermit without new contract? And what about the lenght of contract ,according to my previous contract length of contract is two years and the date of commencement starts after my arrival in my employers house but my work permit is valid valid till dec 2010. So do we need to make a new contract or what we should do ! Can you send me your contact number where i can contact you!

Thank you.

Best regards.

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:13pm
So you mean , i should send a new contract and letter from employer and copies of passport & current work permit , marriage certificate and relevent fee to alberta, as I am applying with same employer do i need the new LMO again  as the previous one expired before i got visa? As far as TRV is concerned that  i want to apply after getting the approval to stay in canada after december. Please reply about LMO.

Thank you

ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:21pm

And also clarifiy that if need to go through the whole procedure to apply for work premit as you are syingto apply for wp, like advertisement , then LMO and then application to alberta for a new work permit with  the same employer! My employer doesnt want to apply for LMO again !

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 11:26pm
No need for new LMO; you only need to send copies of your passport (bio page and marked pages), current work permit (copy), employer's letter and contract and fees.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF application form

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF checklist

So you mean , i should send a new contract and letter from employer and copies of passport & current work permit , marriage certificate and relevent fee to alberta, as I am applying with same employer do i need the new LMO again  as the previous one expired before i got visa? As far as TRV is concerned that  i want to apply after getting the approval to stay in canada after december. Please reply about LMO.

Thank you

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"> 

Edited by job_seeker - 10 Aug 2010 at 11:27pm
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 9:37am
I dont know who you are, But you have helped me a lot with your answers,Thank you so much.

Now, I have collected my new contract ,Letter from my employer, copies of passport and current work permit, My marriage certificate (as I got married after getting my visa so the immigration dept is not aware about that till now!) Fee recipt, Copy of previous LMO.So its ready to go now ! Anything else?BTW, How much time they will take to extend my work permit?

Thank you so very much !God bless you !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 12:28am
Processing for same employer is 62 days as per the CIC website. Print a copy of the checklist and make sure you have the needed documents. All the best.

I dont know who you are, But you have helped me a lot with your answers,Thank you so much.

Now, I have collected my new contract ,Letter from my employer, copies of passport and current work permit, My marriage certificate (as I got married after getting my visa so the immigration dept is not aware about that till now!) Fee recipt, Copy of previous LMO.So its ready to go now ! Anything else?BTW, How much time they will take to extend my work permit?

Thank you so very much !God bless you !!!
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:27am
my employer gave me the letter,printed on a plain white paper and signed it, Would that work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 4:42pm

my employer gave me the letter,printed on a plain white paper and signed it, Would that work!

Yup, that's all that's needed, signed letter.
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:05pm
Hi, I have posted my papers two weeks ago and i think they should process it in october. Secondly my employer is deducting my taxes every two weeks, but sending to the CRA after two months or three months when he gets time, he is giving me paystub and net pay in cash, Her delay in sending taxes to CRA can effect my case some how when i will file PR? In hand i just have one proof that i am working is my paystubs. They pay salary in cash after deduction, no cheque so i can't get any photocopy of chequess as proof that they have paid salary. but the taxes they deduct , they send to CRa after two three month when they are free. Will it be fine?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:47am
Keep your pay stubs. I can not remember the actual number of days when your employer should be sending in the actual tax payments in your behalf but you have your pay stubs as proof that you have worked for so many hours for a particular month, and taxes, insurance and the like had been withheld. I just checked from CRA website. Your employer is probably eligible to remit on a quarterly basis.

Hi, I have posted my papers two weeks ago and i think they should process it in october. Secondly my employer is deducting my taxes every two weeks, but sending to the CRA after two months or three months when he gets time, he is giving me paystub and net pay in cash, Her delay in sending taxes to CRA can effect my case some how when i will file PR? In hand i just have one proof that i am working is my paystubs. They pay salary in cash after deduction, no cheque so i can't get any photocopy of chequess as proof that they have paid salary. but the taxes they deduct , they send to CRa after two three month when they are free. Will it be fine?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic