Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live in caregiver work permit extention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:58pm
HI,

As i have a single entry work visa under LCP, issued by canadian embassy in my home country. Which will expire this year and on the same date my work permit issued at toronto airport will also expires, So in case if i extend my work permit with the same employer and get an extension, would i be allowed to re-enter canada after my vications in home country.I means with the extension do I get visa to renter? Or I will not be able to renter if i go for vication.On this current one year work permit they have mention that not authorise to study or work for any other employer other then stated and does not authorise re-entry. So on the new extension with the same employer can i get permission to re enter ?  
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:06pm
Hi

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

HI,

As i have a single entry work visa under LCP, issued by canadian embassy in my home country. Which will expire this year and on the same date my work permit issued at toronto airport will also expires, So in case if i extend my work permit with the same employer and get an extension, would i be allowed to re-enter canada after my vications in home country.I means with the extension do I get visa to renter? Or I will not be able to renter if i go for vication.On this current one year work permit they have mention that not authorise to study or work for any other employer other then stated and does not authorise re-entry. So on the new extension with the same employer can i get permission to re enter ?  

No. once you have your work permit extended, then apply for a new TRV through one of the Canadian offices in the US.
PMM
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:06pm

HI,

My employer has given the letter which is like this,Please read and reply if its ok.

Dear Officer,

This letter is to inform you, that Ms. XXX, came to Canada in March 2010 to work for us under the Live in Caregiver Program and since then she is working for us on full time basis.  Her current work permit will expire in dec 2010

As she is a perfect fit for our family and a great help during our busy careers, so we have renewed the work contract for another 2 years with Ms. XXX. Therefore, we request you to kindly extend her work permit till December 2012. So that she can continue to work for us on full time basis.

We comply with all the federal and provincial labour laws and regulations. Please refer to the details of the job offer in the attached Work Contract.

Thank you in advance. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact at
THANKS
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:56pm
That should be okay but execute a new contract, specifying the work hours, job responsibilities, days off etc or, add in the letter that the renewal be on the same conditions as the previous one.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">HI,

My employer has given the letter which is like this,Please read and reply if its ok.

Dear Officer,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">This letter is to inform you, that Ms. XXX, came to Canada in March 2010 to work for us under the Live in Caregiver Program and since then she is working for us on full time basis. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Her current work permit will expire in dec 2010</SPAN></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">As she is a perfect fit for our family and a great help during our busy careers, so we have renewed the work contract for another 2 years with Ms. XXX. Therefore, we request you to kindly extend her work permit till December 2012. So that she can continue to work for us on full time basis. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">We comply with all the federal and provincial labour laws and regulations. Please refer to the details of the job offer in the attached Work Contract. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; LETTER-SPACING: -0.25pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: HI">Thank you in advance. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact at

THANKS</SPAN>
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:03pm
Terms and conditions of the job, duties and working hours are the same and are clearly mentioned in  the work contract including days off etc. Just they have raised the salary as per curent wage rate. They will give the new contact . So would that be fine ! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:38pm

Terms and conditions of the job, duties and working hours are the same and are clearly mentioned in  the work contract including days off etc. Just they have raised the salary as per curent wage rate. They will give the new contact . So would that be fine ! 

Yup.... if you have an updated contract and a letter from your employer then you can send your WP app to CPC-V. All the best.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:32am
Thank you so much for all your support !!!

I have just noticed that i my previous contract it was written that :

6.      Length of Contract

The duration of this employment Contract is for 2 years, and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis. The commencement date of the placement will be upon the Caregiver’s arrival into the Employer’s home, following the issuance of the Caregiver’s Work Permit. "

So my commencement date statred in march as i cam here in march 2010.and got stay for 9 months only till dec 2010, so do we need still the updated contract, Or just the request for extension will do becaouse duration of contract stared after my arrivial in employers house and wp expires in dec. so in this way i have a valid job offer till march 2012  , just the Work permit stay wll expire in dec 2010? Or its fine to update the contact.

thanks
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:39am
In the updated contract length of contract is like :

6.           Duration of Contract

The duration of this Work Contract shall be for 24 months and following the issuance of caregiver’s extended work permit and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis thereafter."

So will this clarify to immigration office that 24 months of new job offer will start in december this years ,after the extension of work permit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:36am
Why were you given a WP valid for only 9 months? I thought minimum is one year (some have had two years valid WP).

Thank you so much for all your support !!!

I have just noticed that i my previous contract it was written that :

<H2 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 18.0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore">6.<SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'">      </SPAN></SPAN>Length of Contract </H2>
<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </o:p></SPAN>

<P =MsoTextIndent style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>The duration of this employment Contract is for 2 years, and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis. The commencement date of the placement will be upon the Caregiver’s arrival into the Employer’s home, following the issuance of the Caregiver’s Work Permit. "

So my commencement date statred in march as i cam here in march 2010.and got stay for 9 months only till dec 2010, so do we need still the updated contract, Or just the request for extension will do becaouse duration of contract stared after my arrivial in employers house and wp expires in dec. so in this way i have a valid job offer till march 2012  , just the Work permit stay wll expire in dec 2010? Or its fine to update the contact.

thanks
ruval View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 9:43am

My case is like this,

I filed my application in may 2006 under LCP in my home country india, I got an interview call in dec 2009 and on 18th dec 2009 i got my single entry visa valid till 31st dec 2010. I came to canada in march 2010 after my wedding which was scheduled since october 2009 and in march when i came here immigration officer gave me work permit valid till 31st dec 2010. My work permit and visa will expire on the same day. At the airport immigration officer told me to apply for an extension in september if my employer want to continue. They might have though that my application already took 3.5 years to process and might my employers doesnt need me now! Although the validity of my passport is till Oct 2018 (valid for 10 years). So what should i do !!! Apply for extension within the same procedure or just send the employers letter with application to extend the workpermit without new contract? And what about the lenght of contract ,according to my previous contract length of contract is two years and the date of commencement starts after my arrival in my employers house but my work permit is valid valid till dec 2010. So do we need to make a new contract or what we should do ! Can you send me your contact number where i can contact you!
Thank you.
Best regards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic