Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work permit application at port of entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufusmcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work permit application at port of entry
    Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:50pm
Hi there,

I am going to Vancouver for a couple of months at the end of June and am currently trying to get my employer to get things moved on with the LMO. I was wondering if you had any advice on the work permit. I am a UK citizen and a student.
Should I apply (with all relevant docs) once I get the LMO through (even if it is <4 weeks till I go?) - If it got to that time without the permit would the immigration office at the airport be able to pick it up?
Would it be best to just apply at the port of entry and get things sorted there?
Is there a timeframe that I should be thinking about (4-6 weeks for LMO and ~4 weeks for visa - 8 weeks till I go!)

Any thoughts/ advice would be hugely appreciated.
R
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:11pm
You can obtain your work permit at the POE if you don't need a visa to enter Canada (you don't being a citizen of the UK), your job type does not need medicals (health care workers/food industry workers need meds), but you need the positive LMO and job offer. LMO usually is out in 6 weeks.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic