Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help! Dependent child, PR application.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gissele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help! Dependent child, PR application.
    Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 3:55am
Hello,

Here is the situation: I have my family application when we applied to canadian PR, however, my dependent daughter age of 19 planning to get married even though we are on processing time. My question is, if we remove her from the dependent children list on our application will that somehow affect the whole application package? Will that affect rest of the family getting PR? If any of you had similar situation could you please reply to questions?! Thank you.
maya001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm
If you are sure that your daughter will not be considered a dependent child (refer to the government's website for official definition) by the time you become a permanent resident, you will need to communicate this change to Canadian Immigration. The actual removal of one dependent child will likely not affect the outcome; however, this depends on your situation (eg. if she was a large source of your finances, etc). It may be beneficial to contact an immigration representative; for example, Akrami and Associates have a website with a lot of information and are available for easy contact. With Akrami and Associates, there is always a way!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic