Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Travel Document

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tiebreaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiebreaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Travel Document
    Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 1:18am
Hello Everyone, 

Hope everyone is doing well. I've recently come across this thread and I am hoping you could help me out. 

Here's a quick rundown of our situation. 
I am PR citizen, my wife is a Canadian citizen. We were traveling to Canada,  when I lost my PR card at our transitioning airport. Had a police report made then and there and was allowed to enter Canada. Since my PR card was close to expiry (this August), I simply applied for a renewal based on the grounds that my wife was accompanying me the entire time I was away from Canada.  

We applied on urgent basis since I had to travel within three weeks. PR card was approved just before we left, however I have now received notification that I am required to pick up my PR card at a local CIC office. 

My questions are:
1. How do I enter Canada without my PR Card (Im from a visa-exempt country) ? 
2. If I apply for a PR travel document, is there a chance to get refused and then have it adversely affect my approved application? 

3. On what basis should I apply for a PR travel document? 
    a. Should I state that I have lost my PR card, show them just the police report, and request the travel         document purely on the basis of that ? 
    b. Show police report, tell them I have applied for a new one and had to travel before I heard back               from them and now need to go back to Canada?
    c. Disclose everything including showing them the letter for the interview that I have received (and             the approved PR status)

Side reference: I am a self-employed consultant in Canada and have been a diligent tax payer. 

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated, my friends. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic