Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to vent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to vent
    Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 2:08pm
This isnt one of my usual posts as most of you will know, but what I do find from this forum is that as a community with most in the same or at least somewhat similar situations, I needed somwhere to spew this out.

Since my fiance and I fist started living together, we have spent 1 night and then another 6 days apart, thats all and those times were hell.

Now comes the ultimate challenge, one of my biggest challenges was to give up everything back home in the UK and move to Canada. Now I have no choice but to return to the UK to see out my PR.

My time in Canada expires on June 2nd and although I could apply for an extention, one person trying to pay a mortgage is becoming somewhat of a struggle. I obviously cant work here, so I will return to the UK to work until this process is over.

The thought of spending any period of time appart from my fiance and the kids crucifies me, the act of doing so will no doubt take its toll.

So on the 15th of May I will return, not knowing when I will see my family again, it would not be viable for me to fly back and forth.

So if you dont see me posting on here in the future, at least regualarly until I return to Canada, that is the reason, I will check out the site from time to time but it will be somewhat minimal.

I know there are those of you who have spent much time away from loved ones, and I do not envy you one little bit. I personally think this whole process is flawed, there is no logical reason as to why first stage approval cannot stand as it does with an inland application.

This is biased I know, but Canada does not give a toss about loved ones being seperated, I have no doubt they did, but now its all about skilled workers, the visas issued under each catagory prove that.

For those who are seperated and have been for a long time, you have my thoughts and sympathies as we attemt to go through the same as you.

For those within Canada stressing about applications, think yourselves lucky that at least for now you have the time to be together and try not to stress about the outcome.

Time with family is precious, dont waste one minute of it worrying about CIC or the government of Canada, because each second wasted on them is one less second with loved ones.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 2:27pm
Redeagle -

Just wanted to wish you luck and I hope your application is processed quickly.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 2:27pm
I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to be separated from the person you love. I had to be away from Ross for 5 months while we arranged for me to make the move.

It's hard and I completely sympathize with you. But obviously you and your fiance are strong enough to make it this far after meeting online, so you can make it longer.

Thank God London has a fast processing time so you should be back in no time. For the time being, I suppose your webcams shall be your best friend to still have some kind of together time.

Also, Ross won't let me worry too much about CIC. Now if only I could convince him to stop playing the PS3, xbox and wii to enjoy together time!

Update us, and please rant anytime. We're here to help you with more than just immigration, we care about your quality of life too. : )

<33
Fanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 2:45pm
I appreciate your thoughts and wish you the best of luck. As most of us know it's so hard to be apart from our loved ones and not knowing how long it's gonna last and how things will turn out with CIC. The whole immigration process is so humiliating and draining. When it comes to immigration no pain really seems to mean no gain. Loved the way you ended your post. That's a very valuable message to all of us frantically panicking of what's ahead. Stay positive and hopefully things work out for you so that you can come back sooner rather than later. 
Fanadian
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 2:58pm
All will work out in the end.  I met my wife in May 2006 on the webcam as she was in China.  I finally met her personally in Feb 2007.  We spent 2 weeks together.  I went back in Oct 2007 and spent 2 weeks with her.  We were married in Jan 2008 and I spent 3 weeks with her.  I went to her interview and spent 1 week with her and she came home with me.

It was very difficult but we got through it.  We  talked on webcam everyday and on the phone when we were not on webcam.  We made it through.  We never stopped believing we would be together, in Canada or China.  My wife never came to Canada.  When I left her in China it was like my heart my ripped out.  We just kept believing it would be fine.  We had to wait 9 months for her case to be finalized.  Through it all we became stronger and stronger.  Our love did survive and she is her and we have pretty much forgotten the pain and suffering of the 2 years we waited.  All good things to those who wait.  You will survive and you will be together and you there will be a happy ever after for your family.

I also did not believe Canada gave a crap about spouses when I was going through the process.  However in hindsight I believe now they do.  Look at all the people who have be reunited on this board.  For some it was a long and hard road, other it was quick and easier.  It is not perfect.  The process does work for the most part even if it not on our time frame.  That is the hardest part of all.  We have no control and our fate in someone elses hands.

Everyone has different issues and challenges.  The one thing that all cases share is that there are two people who love each other and believe they will be together forever.  It is that hope that gets us through and that hope that inspires and comforts others who come along after the successful.  Hope is a powerful force I think.  It got us through.  No matter how confident we feel about our cases, we are all still hopeful.  If we hold on to that hope nothing can stop us.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 6:43pm
I sympathize, redeagle. I, too, am apart from my wife because I work in Canada and she is not from a visa-exempt country.  But I think I'm lucky because my wife's application is being processed in speedy Beijing rather than snail-like Hong Kong. It is very hard to be apart, but I can understand Canada's rules. As most Canadians are aware, once an unethical foreign visitor is inside Canada, they can flout the rules and perhaps stay indefinitely. 

The things that bother me about the process are:
1) There seem to be some very unjust decisions made from time to time - perhaps a small percentage of the total, but that's no comfort to those who draw the short straw and end up in the appeal process; 
2) people who break the rules and act unethically often seem to get away with it, while the ethical ones who follow the rules must sometimes go through a lengthy and heart-breaking appeal process; 
3) while some Canadian embassies are efficient and make their decisions quickly, others are very slow, and for no apparent reason. "Justice delayed is justice denied".

Hang in there, redeagle. It won't be long.
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 10:49am
RedEagle,

It's sad that you have to return to the UK.  I can understand the financial hardship though.
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get your PR as quickly as is humanly possible.

Can't you start up a website building company in the UK, and run it remotely - yet process all transactions through the UK?  Is that legal?  (hmmmm... ?)

My heart goes out to you during your TEMPORARY separation from your spouse...  this process sucks at times. 

Sorry buddy.  Keep in touch when you can...  AND, if you can - get Skype or something so that you can at least see your fiancee daily....

Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 11:49am
Redeagle this is a story this is too familiar to me. Come Thursday I will have to watch my love leave me as he too has to go back to the UK. We are uncertain as to when he'll be able to come back as you know it's terribly expensive to fly back and forth from the UK. 

Logically it does not make sense for him to come back as a visitor but emotionally it tears me apart. There are too many factors that are unknown with this process that make it so fn hard to choose a path. Will he have to go back for an interview? Will it only take the minimal amount of months for London to process in which we can wait out?  Will it take the maximum amount of time in which can we afford to live off one income? If he can't work what can he do so that he doesn't go mad with boredom as I work Mon-Fri fulltime?

It's a horrible feeling that unfortunately too many people have to experience because we just happen to have fallen in love with someone from another country.

I am only at the beginning of this process and it's frustrating not being able to do anything but wait for some stranger to tell us whether or not we have the right to a future together in Canada.

It's bs that other visas allow for their spouses/commonlaw to obtain a working visa, while someone born and raised in Canada can not receive some form of the same privilege. Yes I know Inbound does offer distorted version of this but to me the whole inland process is obscene.

Sorry, just adding to the vent.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 5:37pm
Harmonia, it is perfectly legal, though my plans are to put my head down and be working if poss about 16 hours a day to kill the time.
We both have Skype already installed so we will be on that whenever possible.
Saya, if your guy needs someone to talk to if he starts getting down about it all, pm me and I will send you my cell number for the UK, he can call me, maybe meet up for a drink depending on where he is, support helps.

As for everyone else, thanks for the support, the whole system is bollox anyway, you jump through one hoop then they put another in the way. All in all though I really dont care anymore about the process, I wont be checking it from the UK, my fiance can do that from here, it will finish when it finishes.

I intend to screw the UK for every penny I can work wise and its all coming back here to support my family, if others can come to my country fro Europe and do that I dont see why I shouldnt do the same by sending it back to Canada.

Polotics is starting to bore me, political correctness is linguistical fascism and Im through with it. You try to do things the right way you get screwed so what the hell. The way I see it, this is for my family, bollox to the lot of em'.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 12:00am
**Hugs**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic