Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfa_Beta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
Hi Pla1;

My father is in a similar situation as your mother, i have sponsored him since September 2003, since my mother died in 2004, i requested the embassy to consider his application on HNC ground, ever since that his application has been sitting at the embassy in Kenya, he is the only family member left doesn't have any pension or savings, i usually send him money from here, recently he started getting mugged as people in neighbourhood are aware he is alone and vulnerable, now he is here on temporary resident permit and i am planning to apply for HNC.  I am located in Edmonton, do u know any good lawers for this case in Alberta

Thanks

Abeed
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:54pm
Hello Abeed,

Here is a list of immigration law firms in AB http://www.canadian-lawyers.ca/cl/immigration/Alberta/browse-by-city.html Please note that you don't have to retain a lawyer/CSIC member to prepare and file your father's H&C application. You can do it yourself. Please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp However, if you feel like to have a legal representative on board, you can contact my office as well via [email protected] and I will assess your father's chances under H&C.

Regards, 

Originally posted by Alfa_Beta Alfa_Beta wrote:

Hi Pla1;

My father is in a similar situation as your mother, i have sponsored him since September 2003, since my mother died in 2004, i requested the embassy to consider his application on HNC ground, ever since that his application has been sitting at the embassy in Kenya, he is the only family member left doesn't have any pension or savings, i usually send him money from here, recently he started getting mugged as people in neighborhood are aware he is alone and vulnerable, now he is here on temporary resident permit and i am planning to apply for HNC.  I am located in Edmonton, do u know any good lawers for this case in Alberta

Thanks

Abeed

Edited by Immigration Expert - 16 Dec 2009 at 3:11pm
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
Alfa_Beta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfa_Beta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:46pm
Thanks for support, i'll go ahead and file the immigration forms
canadaturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadaturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:42pm
Please can someone clarify:
We have a parent with dependant defacto family member. We need to file an overseas sponsorship (only symbolic as we do not qualify for financial reasons) It has been suggested we will need to file an overseas sponsorship for the parent and add the other family member as dependant (defacto) along with 2 H&C applications.
What are the form numbers that we will need??? Does the H&C app include their PR application. We are thinking of doing this on our own but need to clarify which form numbers we will use.
Thanks

MADZIBABA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MADZIBABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:38pm
hi guys,

I applied via the H&C route and got a Decision made status letter on the 1st of December...the letter came from Niagra CIC and they stated that I was approved, however in the letter it stated that it was a 2 step process and the rest  would be completed at the Scarborough office..the letter stated that it may take between 12 and 24 months for the process to be complete  ....My question is how long will the 2nd stage take? is the 12 - 24 months just a guide  and are there other things I can do to speed it up....I already have my criminal check certificates from all placed I have lived ..I have them in hands with me now  and can do medicals anytime.......What should I do and when can I anticipate to have this completed.....Would contacting a lawyer help in any way.....
keep hop alive
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm

Dear all:

I have been a while away.. but I thought I should update the situation of my mother's case here.

We sent both i) application for PR under H&C [fees $500], and ii) Application for restoration of TRV [fees $200] in the same registered package via CanadaPost at the end of January 2010.

After 2 months, we got a letter from Vegreville with the TRV restoration paper. However, we never heard anything regarding the PR application under H&C.

I have been checking the status of the PR application online at CIC website, and it says that the application is in process. Then we got police clearance certificate from Malaysia,,, which we forwarded to Vegreville. After a few days, CIC displayed that "they recieved this document" information on the online status.

But we never received any formal letter from CIC-Vegreville that the PR application is under processing. The only source for us to check is CIC online status site.

Now we have no clue how long the processing of this PR processing will take. But in the temporary visa paper, they did mention that at the time of applying next extension, the passport needs renewal.. becasue the passport expiry date is coming up soon.

Thanks everyone here in this forum for valuable information provided in this journey. The waiting game is still ON.

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 1:32pm
Thanks for keeping all of us updated. Good luck with the next steps!!
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
jsalar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 4:16pm
Hi pla1,

How's your mom's application go? I have been following your posts for Topic: Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate because my mother is in a similar situation. We are applying for her 3rd visitor extension, and they only approved for 6 months (total of 12 mo) for the previous 2 extensions despite that we asked for 1 year for each extension. She was alone in her country (my father separated with her and permanently immigrated to a third country). She would experience alot difficulties in live if sent back to her country, and we have 2 infant babies (both under 2yr) need her care. We are thinking the steps to take, if the extension is declined. It seems CIC left us in a position with no other options but to apply under Humanitarian ground if the worst happens.

According to the CIC processing time in Canada page, Humanitarian and Compassionate Cases now take 6-7 months to process, and is processed up to January 9, 2010. I have also heard from others the H&C cases take a few years to finalize, so actual processing time is 6-7 months or a few years? Have you received result or any notice from CIC? I am eager to learn the status of your mom' application. All the best to your mom and your family.

[I have sent a PM to you, in case you don't see my reply here. Also I gave my email in the PM you can contact me any time. Thank you and best to your mom.]

pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:53pm
Hi Jsalar:

In my mom's case, CIC gave  about 5 extensions to the TRV (temporary residence visa) application. Once the 3 year period reached, they declined the 6th extension application. That's when we had no other option but to go for PR application under H&C.

I thought of applying for PR under H&C earlier... but it sounds to me that she cannot apply for it while she has legal status in Canada as TRV.

I sent the application of PR under H&C around 25th January 2010... so the online status only tells that the application is being process. Apart from that there's no other status message. My guess would be, they have not even opened up the pplication for processing.. the January 9 thing is about "starting the processing" of the application.
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 11:59am
Last Friday (Oct 1) we got a letter from CIC-V. It says that the file has been transferred to Calgary office.. and they will contact for interview or further information, if required.

So we just have to wait the corresponence from Calgary office. Don't know how long it will take before we can hear from Calgary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic