Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:37pm
Hi

Originally posted by Juzar Juzar wrote:

Thank you guys for your advice. I guess Canadian Laws are very tough. If there is no options for me then i will have to do that. Come to canada in october get my PR card and go and live in Kenya for 3 years with my mom. I will be three years wasted of my life.

If you can't be separated from your mother, maybe you should reconsider emigrating?
PMM
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 3:55pm
As per recent talks by Jason Kenny, Canada is going to discourage non-economic immigrants (such as parents and grandparents) who do not contribute much to Canada as the tax-payers. This is not good news for immigrants who want to bring their parents/grandparents to Canada. Therefore, do not plan your future assuming that you will be able to easily bring your parents/grandparents as immigrants to Canada. Things are changing, and toughening.
mam2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mam2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 7:54pm

Correction, 2 June 2012

goal80 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 12:41pm

Have a quick question please :

The claimant of H&C can have medical care during the application process ?

Thanks a lot
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 12:44pm
No, cannot.
Juzar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 2:52am

My mother has been to Canada on a temporary visa of six months and my sister had extended her visa and she has lived in Canada for two years before coming back to Kenya. After that we had applied for a temporary visa twice and they rejected and live in caregiver once which they also rejected. The reason for rejecting the temporary visa was Close family ties in Canada and no employment.

I have got permanent residence visa and become a PR on 3rd October 2011. My sister is settled in Canada and she is a Canadian residence. She has sponsored my mother one and half year ago but they say it will still require three and half years before the sponsorship can be complete. My younger brother is on work permit in canada and has no intention of coming back to Kenya.

My mother is staying with me currently staying alone in Kenya and i had to come back to Kenya since no one to look after her. I wanted assistance on how i can also take my mother together with me so that we can all go and settle in Canada. I cant just leave my mother alone in Kenya and i really want to start a new life in Canada. I will pay any fees if a lawyer can take up my case and fight for me. I read in CIC Website that you can apply for Visa on humanitarian ground. This is taken from CIC website.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations provide authority to visa officers to use their discretion in evaluating situations in which there may be compelling humanitarian and compassionate considerations. Applicants who wish to have any particular circumstances of a humanitarian and compassionate nature taken into account by the visa officer should attach a written submission to the application, describing the situation. If a temporary resident permit is approved under these circumstances, an additional fee is payable.

I am willing to pay any amount of fees if a lawyer can take up my case and fight for me.

Please help. I read that the minister annouced immigration to give parents 10year visa. My case is geniune.
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 3:54pm
Hi Juzar,

CIC Canada has recently announced that for comign two years Canada will not accpet sponsorship PR application for parents/grandparents.

Good news is, they are implementing Super Visa for parents/grans parents instead.

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visits to Canada of up to two years without the need to renew your status.

As of November 5, 2011, no new applications to sponsor parents or grandparents will be accepted for processing for up to 24 months. This temporary pause will allow us to focus on those applicants already awaiting a decision and reduce the backlog in the parents and grandparents category. This does not affect sponsorship applications for spouses, partners, dependent or adopted children and other eligible relatives. New applications received on or after November 5, 2011, will be returned to the applicant, including fees.

Therefore, you Sister who is living in Canada should apply for your mom's Super Visa. Or you can come back to Canada and do it by yourself too. But they might look for your income (LICO - Low Income Cut Off) the minimum income that you should have for you and your mom and your wife as welll as your kids, if you have any. Since you are recently landed in Canada... it's better for your sister to apply the Super Visa, since your sister ight already have several years income in Canada.
Torrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 5:53am
hi pla1,

Can you tell me that in case if somebody entered in Canada from US without any Visa will be eligible to apply for H&C.

Thanx

Torrie  
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:56pm
Hi Torrie,

It's not clear when you say "somebody entered Canada from USA without Visa". Did you mean that the person in question is the citizen of the country (USA, Singapore, UK, Australia etc.)  who does not require visa to enter Canada?
ckhehra1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhehra1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 11:43am
What documents would the parent require from the home country? I saw that one is police clearance, are there any others?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic