Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dpunj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpunj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate
    Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm

Topic - Parent's PR - Humanitarian and Compassionate

Hi Team,

I want to apply H&C ground visa for my mother in law. Details as below.

She is living with us since June 01,2018

She is widow and wife is only child (survivor) 

She is 60 years old no body  left behind in parent country to take care.

She need smedical support,emotional support in order to survive

Just wondering would it possible her case be consider on humanitarian ground.

Please advice what should i do in this case. 

umeralikhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote umeralikhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 3:14pm

Can some one help me in this scenario:

I want to sponsor my mother and circumstances and factual data is as follows:

Mother : Almost 70 years old

Widowed

I am settled in Canada (Permanent Resident, in Mississauga) for over two years and earning handsome amount : fulfills LICO

total 6 siblings : 3 sisters live back home (Pakistan) in their own homes, One brother lives in nairobi and Other lives in States

Mother has multiple entry visa till Aug-2017

I have two kids (Mother is very much attached with my elder one and he is also very attached with her)

Mother has been visiting Canada for 3-4 times in last 5-8 years

Mother has her younger brother settled in Mississauga for over 10 years

I want to sponsor her for PR so that she does not have to travel a lot and back home there is no one to take care of her and support her. He is high blood pressure and Sugar patient for last couple of years and can't live on her own.

My mother is going to visit me in a month and I want her to sponsor.

Questions:

1. Can I apply her PR sponsor application while she is here? on Humanitarian or any other grounds?

2. Any obligation if I apply her under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds? 

smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by pla1 pla1 wrote:

Yes, it's possible, and we did this way...
We applied to sponsor in 2008 April,  didn't hear nothing for CIC.
My mother continued living in Canada, with several TRV extension, and finally they refused any mor extesion becasue she had already lived in Canada for 3 years on TRV. That would require her to leave Canada. Therefore, only way for her to remain in Canada would be then to apply for Humanatarian and Compassionate Permanent Residence. We applied in Dec 2009. And until the final decision is made in this category, she could keep on living in Canada. Then CIC started again extending her tourist visa all the way until her PR sponsorship applicaion (not the H&C application). became successful in Feb 2013.

Thank you for your reply. Did you act as a sponsor for your mother both for H&C application and the parental sponsorship? What did you do with H&C application after your parental sponsorship was approved?
pla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 11:35pm
Yes, it's possible, and we did this way...

We applied to sponsor in 2008 April,  didn't hear nothing for CIC.

My mother continued living in Canada, with several TRV extension, and finally they refused any mor extesion becasue she had already lived in Canada for 3 years on TRV. That would require her to leave Canada. Therefore, only way for her to remain in Canada would be then to apply for Humanatarian and Compassionate Permanent Residence. We applied in Dec 2009. And until the final decision is made in this category, she could keep on living in Canada. Then CIC started again extending her tourist visa all the way until her PR sponsorship applicaion (not the H&C application). became successful in Feb 2013.
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:04pm
Hi, is it possible to apply for H&C for a parent whose ponsorship aplication is still pending?
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 2:40am
I applied 6 years ago, got refused - its a very tough category, but they never got refused for visit visa

Keep doing Supervisa guys and extend

I applied for sponsorship 63 months ago, on last stage in New Delhi - will get PR anytime now
Very Very tough this whole ordeal
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:01pm
Any updates?
zainj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 11:37pm
Hi Everyone,

Have any body got any updates for H&C case from cic-Vancouver.
My parents time line as follows:
Applied received at cic-Vancouver : May 2011
Online status says: Application is in process Feb 2012

If anyone got the approval from cic-Vancouver please share your time line.

Thanks,

ZainJ
Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 2:54pm
Hey pla1, have you had any decision made on your applications?

Originally posted by pla1 pla1 wrote:

H&C PR application
ysk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 4:54pm
Hi, I am new in this forum and topic, and considering H&C for my mom.

Is extension of TRV(visitor visa) is also condsider as TRP as the extension letter states is as permit?

My case is as follows:

My wife is Canadian Citizen, I am PR since 2007 and we have 4yrs old canadian born son. 
My mother visited us in 2008 on visitor visa for 3months but she extended it for 2 times (once due to problem with flight) so she stayed her for almost 11months then. 
Next time she got rejected for visitor visa.
Last time she applied again and got multiple entry visa for 5years in Sept 2011.
My elder brother (single/unmarried) passed away in Jan2012 in India.
Now I am her only child left and no one is available in India to take care of her.

She came back with me in feb2012  in Canada as I can not left her alone there.

As I can not apply for PR due to 2years hold. And she can't left Canada every six month alone as she have no one other then us to visit/take care.

Can I apply for H&C PR application right now as she is here in Canada with us on her multi entry visitor visa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic