Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR returning to Canada after 2yrs+ absence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 9:54pm
Well the day of interview s/he lands and becomes a PR.
By leaving Canada as a PR, the Travel Document will be required, unless somebody either sends/mails the card to them in their country or they wait for PR Card, thus delaying the vacation until the PR Card arrives.

Personally though, I feel safer returning with a PR Card rather than the TD. If you return on a TD, at the airport you may be examined by Immigration Canada (secondary) inspection.
Don't panic, it's just formal procedure because of the TD. Just gonna be delayed a few more minutes exiting to baggage hall :p

duaduaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duaduaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 10:46pm
How long does it takes to receive the PR card upon initiate landing? I was thinking of notifying CIC canada on my actual date of arrival and hope that they can expediate the issue of my card.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 11:27pm
Hi

Originally posted by duaduaki duaduaki wrote:

How long does it takes to receive the PR card upon initiate landing? I was thinking of notifying CIC canada on my actual date of arrival and hope that they can expediate the issue of my card.

1. 30 days and they won't expedite for you.
PMM
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:39pm
30 days is the time on the website. It can take longer too.
EaraL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EaraL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:09pm
Beaver and Canvis,

Thank you so much for the advice guys, but i really really need to go back home...i should be there before June 1st important occasion is happening that i cant miss it...
i hope getting travel document will not give me any problem when im back in the Philippines...i get a little scared when i read canvis post that they will have to examine me again at the airport because of the TD...
hope it will go well...
im not even staying there for more than a month so i really need to get TD cause im only staying there 3weeks and 6days...
:)
EaraL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EaraL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:27pm
my case i think is very rare...i get scared but i have to...i hope i can meet somebody who have tried my case....
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:31pm
don't worry about returning. Examination is just formality it won't cause you any hassle. My post was just to inform you, so don't panic it is nothing serious. As long as you explain to them why you left without PR card, you will be just fine.

Just make sure you apply for travel document in manila as soon as you get there, so that you can get it in time for returning back....depending on how long the embassy takes. Make sure to go and apply in person. You'll get it faster that way.

Have a nice vacation!
HiCan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:37pm
Hi Guys,

I did my first landing with my family in Jun'08 and now this year in Aug we are again visiting to Canada and our first landing was in Toronto. We all have PR & SIN cards.
From this year onwards my family plans to continuing staying in Canada where as I would be returning to the place of my work.
I would like to know if we will be covered by local Medical facilities or do I need to take any travel insurance, just in case needed?

Regards,
Shail
EaraL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EaraL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:42pm
thanks a lot canvis and all of you guys all your post help me a lot...
blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by HiCan HiCan wrote:

Hi Guys,

I did my first landing with my family in Jun'08 and now this year in Aug we are again visiting to Canada and our first landing was in Toronto. We all have PR & SIN cards.
From this year onwards my family plans to continuing staying in Canada where as I would be returning to the place of my work.
I would like to know if we will be covered by local Medical facilities or do I need to take any travel insurance, just in case needed?

Regards,
Shail

It depends on which province you will reside.
A few provinces require a 3 months waiting period before you can be eligible for health coverage, e.g BC, ON, QC

Provinces like AB or SK does not require 3 months period, so you can apply for health card as soon as you move.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic