Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letters of support from friends and family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letters of support from friends and family
    Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 9:41pm
Hi all. I am at the end of compiling my application. I am being asked by my relatives and friends what they need to include in the letters. I know they need to show the know of the relationship and approve etc - but is that just it?

Can anyone just show me an outline of what you think these letters should cover? How much detail... should it be short and sweet etc?

We are married and not planning on having the letters notarized. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:15pm
Here is a copy of one we sent in:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to verify my knowledge of a very real relationship between two good friends of mine, sponsor and applicant.

I have known sponsor for more than four years now as we work together. More than a year ago, after separating with her previous husband, sponsor began a friendship with applicant that developed into a long term and sustainable relationship. Applicant and sponsor met online through a social networking site, and their relationship grew quickly. Many nights sponsor spent countless hours on the phone with applicant getting to know each other better. I knew of the relationship between sponsor and applicant for months before I met applicant in person. I met applicant just under one year ago now, and we have become friends. He and sponsor seem to me to be very much in love. I see happiness now in sponsor since being with applicant, that makes her shine.

On many occasions, both personal and work related, I have seen the couple in different environments and I have no doubts that their relationship is true. I know that applicant has asked sponsor to marry him, and I hope that they do remain happy together for many years to come. Applicant has stepped into the challenging role of father figure to sponsor's two teenaged children as well. The family seems quite happy together.

Both sponsor and aplicant are wonderful people, who have found happiness with each other, and my best wishes go to both of them that they get to live out their happily ever after together.

Sincerely,
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:33pm
Aww. That letter is so sweet. It is well written. Thanks for sharing. My husband's parents are in England and my mom is back home so none of us have ever met each other's parents. I just told them to write that we talk on the phone and the know of and approve. Thanks again. Now I can tell our relatives/friends who are here in Canada how to go about writing their letters.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic