Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extend Student visa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extend Student visa
    Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:43pm
Hi...

I want to know some information ... Please help me ....

I had gone to canada in Sep 2009 in some college for 8 mnths P.G. diploma. i stayed in canada for 25 days but have to return back to my country for some personal reasons. I did not attend the college at all as start date of course was 09 sep 2009. But i came on 17 sep 2009 back to my country. means 10 days after the begininnig of classes. but never gone back to canada till now. 

Now i want to come canada as my student visa is valid n i have got new offer letter from same college same course. I want to know how can i extend my visa n study permit.

is my situation normal for visa extension? Means as i stayed 10 days n didnot attend classes , means is it fine ?
trevsbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevsbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:34am
I can't any reason why you can't go back to Canada. You have all the necessary documents. As your student permit is still valid, why would you need  an extension? You can always extend it while you are in Canada or you can go talk to the Immigration Officer at the Canadian embassy if you need more time for your permit but I know that they usually give you more than enough for you to finish your program. Go seek the advice at the Canadian embassy
inspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 9:33pm
How many mnths does it take to extend student visa while u r in canada? What documents r needed to extend it means one is offer letter and what others?

ANy funds to be shown? what is the fees for it?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:57pm
Hi

Originally posted by inspiration inspiration wrote:

How many mnths does it take to extend student visa while u r in canada? What documents r needed to extend it means one is offer letter and what others? ANy funds to be shown? what is the fees for it?

1. 46 days
2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp
PMM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:43pm
thanx to all for ur replies...last think i want to knw is that the visa officer in canada who will extend the visa needs to be satisfied that i was facing some family problem or he will grant visa without any such satisfaction?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:56am
Hi

Originally posted by inspiration inspiration wrote:

thanx to all for ur replies...last think i want to knw is that the visa officer in canada who will extend the visa needs to be satisfied that i was facing some family problem or he will grant visa without any such satisfaction?

1. They don't care about family problems, they will want to see that you have sufficient funds and have been accepted by the school.
PMM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:10am
i have already shown my funds when i initially applied for visa , so again funds have to be shown ? same amount as shown before...plz give me some idea as i dnt have much idea abt it..

i have contacted my agent he told me that i need to fill a form same as before, write a letter abt problem , fees receipt of college, offer letter...

I have got offer letter frm humber..I will be paying fees in a few days...

plz reply...thanx for ur help..

Edited by inspiration - 06 May 2010 at 6:35am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:31am
What will be the best option - whether to go canada now and apply for extension of study permit or frm delhi itself at CHC, chanakyapuri?
What abt the visa , frm where it will be extended? And which one should  be extended first?

Plz reply
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:19am

u have so much time till sept just apply in India itself.....

trevsbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevsbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:11pm
But u already have a visa, why would apply again...He has a valid visa, why would u advise him to apply again. U don't have to extend anything if your visa is still good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic