Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mailed Application to Wrong Address

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mailed Application to Wrong Address
    Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 11:41am
My application was received at Vegreville on tuesday. I just received a private message from someone else who did that but they managed to phone, and get it returned to them. 

I phoned this number yesterday :1-888-242-2100 

The lady told me I had to wait 2 months for them to open it. Is there a number I can call or something where they can actually do something?
Fanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 12:24pm
Hi
Do you mean you sent it to the wrong unit in Vegreville or to the wrong processing centre? Were you planning to apply outland and send it to Missisauga? If you sent it to the wrong unit in Vegreville, that should be ok. They will take the application to the right unit when they open it but if you sent it to the wrong processing centre then you will probably have to wait until they open it and return it to you. How long that'll take...a couple of months would be my guess as well.
 Best of luck.
Fanadian
verbalphantom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 12:38pm
Wrong processing center :(
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:13pm
The best thing is probably to PM the person who had the situation and ask them.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:16pm
Yeah, I did that. We will see if it's any help. Not getting my hopes up though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:18pm
Just going to fly out and see my wife in November.
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:34pm
Given the huge quantity of mail CPC-V receives, finding one unopened application at CPC-V would - I expect - be much like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply can't find it until it reaches the front of the usual opening queue, even if they want to.

If you used a delivery service with tracking and know the exact date/time of delivery, that might help if you can convince them to look for it.

So many issues could be avoided by carefully reading the instructions in the application guide.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verbalphantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:47pm
whoohooo....They received it on April 21st. I phoned them and the lady promised that they wouldn't be opening any applications for 2 months, she had an exact date of the next "opening". On the 30th I got a letter dated the 27th telling me they had re-directed it to Mississauga.
PRAISE GOD!!! :)
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:27pm
I dont care what she says about the dates, they are wrong. My app was sent in March 27th, arrived on the 29th and has already had a decision made, despite the CIC site saying they are still on Feb 17th.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

I dont care what she says about the dates, they are wrong. My app was sent in March 27th, arrived on the 29th and has already had a decision made, despite the CIC site saying they are still on Feb 17th.

congrats!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic