Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Changing address..expecting test within 3-4 months
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing address..expecting test within 3-4 months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing address..expecting test within 3-4 months
    Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:43am
I am expecting my test within 3~4 months at Vancouver....but, I have to start a job soon at Toronto
I am now in a dilemma on whether to update my address with CIC, I am worried that if my file gets transferred to toronto...my application will delayed by 7~8 months due to transfer.
My wife will stay at Vancouver for next few months to finish her studies...so there is no problem to maintain a mailing address in Vancouver....but I worry that during the interview on the test date at Vancouver, the officer might ask why my application is with Vancouver as I am working in Toronto, and might give me an RQ Confused

Any suggestion on whether I should my address to Toronto or keep my address with the CIC? 
Thanks in advance.

Edited by can1976 - 23 Apr 2010 at 1:46am
mbaginskiy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaginskiy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:59am
If your status did't move to " Transfered" better to change  the address. If it's already "Transfered" better stay  with old address.
puma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:15am

Probably.

Edited by puma - 23 Apr 2010 at 8:23pm
can1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:25am
Originally posted by mbaginskiy mbaginskiy wrote:

If your status did't move to " Transfered" better to change  the address. If it's already "Transfered" better stay  with old address.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic