Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring a dependent child

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilyba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring a dependent child
    Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 1:20am
Hi All,

I just moved to Canada with my 11 mo child who was not born in Canada and I am trying to apply for his PR.
I am a second generation citizen so I cannot pass on the citizenship to my child.
Since my husband already has a PR I am applying only for my son. I tried to fill out the sponsorship documents in the CIC website however the documents refer mainly to a spouse sponsorship and include the children related to the spouse and does not fit the purpose of sponsorship only for a 11 MO baby.

I will appreciate if someone can assist me to find the right process/forms to sponser my child under the family class immigration.

Thank you in advance,
Lilach

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:13pm
Hi

Originally posted by lilyba lilyba wrote:

Hi All,

I just moved to Canada with my 11 mo child who was not born in Canada and I am trying to apply for his PR.
I am a second generation citizen so I cannot pass on the citizenship to my child.
Since my husband already has a PR I am applying only for my son. I tried to fill out the sponsorship documents in the CIC website however the documents refer mainly to a spouse sponsorship and include the children related to the spouse and does not fit the purpose of sponsorship only for a 11 MO baby.

I will appreciate if someone can assist me to find the right process/forms to sponser my child under the family class immigration.

Thank you in advance,
Lilach

1. You use the package here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
2. As dependent children can't be sponsored "in Canada" it will be an overseas process, probably at Ottawa. The child is the principal applicant, and you send the sponsorship and application, with proof of status and relationship to Mississauga.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic