Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Becoming Permanent resident with Canadian wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Becoming Permanent resident with Canadian wife
    Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:44am
Hi everybody,
i just found this website and wonder if anyone could help me/us with our situation.

My wife is canadian. We were married in Canada and moved to Germany right away. We are married for 6 years and have 2 children which have the canadian citizenship too.

now my question:
is there any way that my situation is giving me any benefits, to other people who apply for a PR-Status which no canadian spouse?
In Germany i am the only worker in this family. And i would like it to stay like that. At least for the first few years. (children are still small)

I think sponsorship wouldn´t work this way because I would like to work right away.

Sorry for my englishEmbarrassed

Thanks for your answers!
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:11pm
Of course having Canadian spouse gives you a critical advantage - you are automatically eligible for sponsorship.

You can file an application from Germany. If you are able to convince CIC that your wife intends to return to Canada as soon as you are granted a PR, you will get your PR visa while still in Germany and will be eligible to work from day one (as soon as you land).

However, it would help dramatically if you had a specific plan showing the commitment of your family to return - a job offer would be almost a deciding factor, arranged housing as well (e. g. letters from your wife's Canadian relatives that they are happy to host you for some time when you are back until you find a permanent place, and ideally if they can offer jobs to your wife and you as well).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic