Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Expiry and Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 8:44am
Thanx guys for yoour replies.

At present it takes about 3 months for receiving the renewed PR, is that correct??
nadhwaryu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadhwaryu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 5:09pm
Hi!
My name is Nitin, In this forum I have kept my query regarding my PR status and to get entry in Canada.

Thnks for your suggession and reply received by the forum and act accordingly to got my entry in Canada. Presently I am at Canada with my Family. I came on 16th of April 2010 to Canada. 
I had been questioned twice at POE and thenafter they allowed me to enter.

Thank you once again for the suggessions. I told them to allow me to enter on H & C ground, I am not sure but I think as my family is over here they might have allowed me to enter in Canada.

My another query is 
As I donot meet with the residency obligations of 730 days requirement for maintaing PR Status in last 5 years.
My PR card is going to expieres by 25th May 2010. Can I stay longer evenafter May 2010?

Can I leave this country without renewed PR card? 
I want to go back after 4 months.
At the time of leaving can I do request them as below in writing?
If I, surrender my PR card with requesting them that I had not fullfiled my residency obligations
but pl. consider my case +vely  and issue me a fresh PR If i apply from my home country again in future.

Or Can my spouse sponsor me?  She is over here since June 2009 and will continue her stay over here.
Can she sponsor me within a period of 1 year? 

Pl. guide me in this regard so I can take my decision accordingly.

Nitin
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 12:34am
Your circumstances are a little too complex and entangled for anyone at a site like this to give you direct advice on how to proceed.

A big preliminary question is whether or not they issued a removal order for you. If so, and you do not meet the residency obligation, you can still appeal on H&C grounds. How well that will go I do not know. Not well, though, if you leave and your PR card is expired . . . you can leave without a valid PR card. It is getting back into Canada that is the problem. For that you would need a TD (Travel Document) and if you do not meet the residency obligation it would likely be denied . . . depending on the strength of the H&C grounds.

IMPORTANTLY: if they have NOT issued a removal order, you can stay in Canada, you can continue to stay in Canada even after the PR card expires, and the days you stay will count toward the 730 requirement. But, again, only if they did NOT issue a removal order.

Beyond that the contingencies and variable paths are too many to reasonably sort through in this sort of venue.

If you can afford it, see an immigration lawyer forthwith.

If they issued a removal order and you have not given notice of appeal, at least do that for now, give notice of the appeal and that will put things on hold and give you time to sort out your options and next steps. (This is assuming that if a removal order was issued, it was issued on the 16th of April . . . you have only thirty days, as I recall, to give notice of appeal.)
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
HiCan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 7:45am
I have a new question, would apppreciate your reply:
  • I did with my family our 1st landing few months back and lived for few days in Canada.
  • Now if I don't live in Canada and my kids and wife live in Canada and complete 730 days, are they eligible to apply for PR renewal and further if they complete 1095 days can they apply for citizenship (only my wife & kids), irrespective of me eligible for it? Where as I'm the principal applicant in this case?????

This is a very important point to clarify before I take a decision of moving my family to retain PR where as I may not move with them.

blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:01am
Once a PR landed, there is no notion of principal applicant or dependant.
Your wife and kids can continue staying in Canada without you, and apply for PR card renewal, and once eligible, apply for citizenship on their own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic