Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OATH WITHOUT THE NOTICE !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OATH WITHOUT THE NOTICE !!!
    Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 3:32pm
In a week time, i will have my oath ceremony.

Unfortunately i have lost the notice to appear to take the oath...

Will that be a problem? I have all kinds of documents with me except that document...

Please advise....
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:05pm
First call CIC to let them know that you lost your oath letter. Then while you're at it, ask them what you need to do.

I was told before by CIC when I thought my oath letter got lost in the mail that going to the oath without the letter "isn't really a big deal", just explain to the CIC officer how you lost the letter. They will just probably going to ask you for other proof of identity, as they have already your name, date, and time of ceremony in their computer database. I did get my oath letter in the mailbox so I don't know what would have happened during oath day. 

Oh, by the way, zouz, Congratulations! Thumbs Up

Here is the old discussion about the same subject:

Edited by Beaver - 20 Apr 2010 at 4:18pm
zouz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:36pm
Oh tx Beaver...

Am just worried not to be able to take the oath without that stupid document...

Why they don't post it in our ECAS btw and avoid the mailing hassle alltogether !!!

mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:34pm
Hi Azouz,
First congratulations.
If you ignore the venue where the oath will be held, then use this page to locate it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/specialev/english/search_recherche.cfm
As it's not for sure that the place will be the same with the test venue. And as advised by Beaver contact CIC help line to notify at least that you didn't receive it, and to make sure as well that the address you picked from the website is correct. I know here in Montreal the address shown on CIC's website for the Hellenic centre (one of multiple venues used to hold ceremonies), is incorrect while on the ceremony letter it's correct.

Enjoy you ceremony!!! 
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:08pm

Oh yes may I also add that one reason to call CIC is to reverify what time, place, and date your oath ceremony is going to be, even though you think you know when and where it is. You don't want to miss out on an important occasion because you got confused, and you have no oath letter to double check on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic