Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IsLaMaBad Processing Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 1183>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinkum78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:11am
Hi everyone, I applied for my immigration alone (under skilled immigration / 38 professions / fast track program), though I am married and have a child also. The reasons for applying alone (without family) was to well settle in Canada before I am able to sponsor my family to Canada, as I thought it will take me 4 to 5 to reasonably settle in Canada. I have gotten provisional acceptance and am awaiting my medical examination soon, for which instructions have also been sent to me by Canadian authorities. In this regard, I would request you to please share your experiences / knowledge by responding to my following queries please. Just to re-iterate that my objective is to initiate family sponsorship process so that they come to Canada 4 to 5 months after I having landed into Canada. 1. Can I initiate family sponsorship process, after I get my immigration, while being in Pakistan? I want to submit all the documents while being in Pakistan, though, the case may actually take its time for processing by Canadian Authorities. 2. What could be the processing time for visa under family sponsorship? 3. Does visit visa, including multiple entry, take longer time for processing than that of family sponsorship based visa? 5. What is the duration for which visit visa is generally granted? 6. Would it be feasible to apply for visit visa first so that my family joins me there and then initiate the process of family sponsorship? I would be grateful for members' responses. Thanks.
calgarian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:28am
hi friend,

You are lucky that you have the opportunity to take your family together with you and dont have to involve yourself in the waiting game.

- File the application together with your fmily.
- Once the application has been approved land together. Get the PR cards which will hardly take 1-2 weeks.
- If you want your family to stay with you, its fine, otherwise you can send them back.
- They can live outside canada for 3 years out of every 5 year period.
- Once you are established in canada, they can join you anytime

Please remember, after you land, the only way to bring your family to canada is to file sponsorship which takes 9-10 months on an average.  

calgarian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 1:34am

Sorry, i just ignore the fact that you have already applied and believe that you have added all the details of your spouse and child. If not, you cannot sponsor them at all.

As mentioned in my last post. Islamabad average processing time is 9 months in additon to 32 days time for sponsorship approval. My opinion is to contact the visa office and ask them how can u add your family members at this stage.
shaggy12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggy12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:49am

any updates from June batch???????????????????

Aleez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aleez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 5:16am

Dear Shaggy,

its so hard to wait while we keep getting newa that ppl who have applied after us r getting PPRs.
If there is any kind of update from June, July or August members like ADR or PPRs plz update
Regards,
Aleez
Allah hum sub ki Duain Qabool Fermai (aameen)
mmian View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:53am
  Qaskim Khan it says in your timeline you got a police Certificate request on Oct 21....did you hear anything yet? 

Edited by mmian - 21 Dec 2009 at 7:11am
mmian View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:07am
Guys, has anyone received a PPR in the last two weeks? and does anyone know if the Embassy is open this week? Also this forum is soo dead...we need all our old memebers back
qasimkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qasimkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:35am
nothing bro still wating and wating i think now embasy is close for xmas holidays i send them back my pcc on 7th nov nothing from  visa officer my sargodha pcc expire 2day  now lets see whats happen but my medical will expire on 30 jan 2010 i dont know what will happen next
mmian View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:51am
On the Website it said the embassy is only closed for christmas....My husband got a request for police clearance certifcate that sameday...he sent his on Nov 17...and we still haven't heard a single thing....I filed for hus Sponsorship in Jan...this is crazy
alycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:22am
Hello all

Yes CHC-ISB is only closed for 25Dec and 1Jan. Its open the rest of the time. Hopefully something will come soon for me too. Have been waiting since Jan 2008 and after interview of my husband Feb 2009 nothing yet. Best of luck to all

"Have you ever noticed that the worst way to miss someone is when they are right beside you and you can never have them?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 1183>
  Share Topic