Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IsLaMaBad Processing Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1183>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:47pm
Well technically if you want to go you can go the next day but it takes almost 30 days before you get your PR card which is required to come back to Canada...So atleast get that and then travel..

The other thing which you should consider is the OHIP card, they want you to stay certain number of days in first 6 months to be able to get OHIP.

canadianApr2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianApr2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:21pm
i want the PR card but it really takes 1mth eh??

much appreciated 4 the help
fountain_80 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fountain_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by diesel_x02 diesel_x02 wrote:

Fountain_8 -- just woundering I am not sure if CHC-ISB was open this monday... I was hoping to get my PPR this week but I haven't seen anything yet.. Countingdays got his 2 weeks ago and I've applied excatly 2 weeks after him what in your opinion should I do??

Don't worry, as normally cases took around 6 months. Some did get reply early, so inshAllah you should be hearing good news really soon.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fountain_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by mmian mmian wrote:

hey guys...I have been waiting forever for my husbands Ppr back in Oct 21 they ask for his remed and Police clearance again, we sent everything by nov 17 everything was received by a miss. sophia...how much longer do you think i have to wait.....

Normally it takes 6-8 weeks from sending the updated PCC. I'll say early January, you should expect to get PPR.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fountain_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by canadianApr2009 canadianApr2009 wrote:

i wanted to know after one gets PR and lands in canada,after how many days can one leave to travel out of canada for few days??is there a time limit/frame that one has to leave only after ___mths after arrival to canada?
any ideas any1?

It usually takes around 4-6 weeks for PR card to be received. To answer your original question, this is directly quoted from CIC website.

Can I come back to my home country once I've landed in Canada?

Yes, but you should wait until you receive your Permanent Resident Card otherwise you will need a Canadian Facilitation Travel Document to allow you to re-enter Canada. You should also be aware that there are certain requirements that must be met in order to maintain your status as a Permanent Resident.
Please see our Permanent Residency and Citizenship page for more information about the terms and conditions of your stay outside Canada.

Edited by fountain_80 - 01 Dec 2009 at 11:50pm
canadianApr2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianApr2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:35am
fountain thanx so much !!!
ariaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:41am
Welcome to this new outlook of the forum after Eid.
Good to see some more delivery of Passports after holidays. Congratulations Guys !

regards
Ariaz
1khan.tahir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1khan.tahir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:46pm
Is E-Cas down?
I am trying to check the status and it is not showing me any thing...totally blank.
I think they are updating it or some maintainance.
friasat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friasat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:58pm
Salam,

Congratulation to all receiving PPR and passports back.

I wanted to know if anyone's wife is traveling out to Vancouver during the month of December or before Jan 10th. If yes, please contact me. It would be great cuz my wife is a first time traveler and it would be nice to have company along.

my email add incase not shown...  [email protected]

Thanks
Faisal.
Tasleem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasleem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:28pm
Hello All

Here is an update... it is my 3rd year anniversary tomorrow Cry

I am beside myself b/c we haven't spent even one together... ADR was won March 2009.  Husband had 2nd interview Sept 29.  No letter, no rejection, no PPR  - NO NOTHING!

Lawyer has sent 3 emails, MP has sent 2.  No response... I really wonder what is going on.  My lawyer might file against them (can't remember the term) in the new year if we don't hear anything.  Then I have to go to a hearing... this sucks!

Pray for us as I pray for all of you too...
Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1183>
  Share Topic